* Re:Presentation
@ 2005-08-03 13:31 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-08-03 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Jessica

The context/base has so many modules s-pre-**.tex. At
the end of the module you have the examples are given.
copy the examples in seperate file and add the module
no name from with the example was taken.

\usemodule[pre-**]
 and compile the files. iam sure you can select your
flavour. you can also tweat the colors to suit your
requirement.

thanks
upendran

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-03 14:49 ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2005-08-03 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jessica et al too,

I can only support what Upendran wrote. A while ago I asked about
presentation styles on this list,
and got the hints to look at the source of them. You do not even to
write your own style in the beginning,
you can just overwrite the definitions to change the settings.
I was reluctant to look at source  code at first, but it was
much simpler and more educational I had imagined.

Matthias

On Aug 3, 2005, at 8:31 AM, piskala upendran wrote:

> Hi, Jessica
>
> The context/base has so many modules s-pre-**.tex. At
> the end of the module you have the examples are given.
> copy the examples in seperate file and add the module
> no name from with the example was taken.
>
> \usemodule[pre-**]
>  and compile the files. iam sure you can select your
> flavour. you can also tweat the colors to suit your
> requirement.
>
> thanks
> upendran

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-03 20:36 ` andrea valle
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: andrea valle @ 2005-08-03 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
very interesting. But I'm having troubles. Probably because I'm pretty
new to this kind of stuff (I'm using ConTeXt very basically).

I made a demoTest.tex filestarting from s-pre-22.tex.
I copied the demo part of s-pre-22.

Here it is:

%D \module
%D   [      file=s-pre-22,

\f\usemodule[s-pre-22]
%D The demo text.

\starttext
etc.

Now,  I compiled but I obtained:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.9 \TitlePage
               {Indeed}{The Title Page}

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot

-a-

On 3 Aug 2005, at 15:31, piskala upendran wrote:

> Hi, Jessica
>
> The context/base has so many modules s-pre-**.tex. At
> the end of the module you have the examples are given.
> copy the examples in seperate file and add the module
> no name from with the example was taken.
>
> \usemodule[pre-**]
>  and compile the files. iam sure you can select your
> flavour. you can also tweat the colors to suit your
> requirement.
>
> thanks
> upendran

Andrea Valle
Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-03 20:45   ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2005-08-03 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

It does work here. Make sure that your file begins like

\usemodule[s-pre-22]

\starttext

\TitlePage{Indeed}{The Title Page}

\StartSummary{Alpha}{Title}
   A simple and not too long text just to show the topic.
   A simple and not too long text just to show the topic.
   A simple and not too long text just to show the topic.
\StopSummary

etc etc

and that it finds s-pre-22.tex . I does so here without problems, and
I'm sure it should, but if you still get that error message,
copy s-pre-22.tex into the same directory as the sample file, and try
again. If it works now, you should reinstall ConTeXt at some point
to make sure you have a working installation, if it doesn't, you need
the help of somebody more knowledgeable...

Matthias

On Aug 3, 2005, at 3:36 PM, andrea valle wrote:

> Hi,
> very interesting. But I'm having troubles. Probably because I'm pretty
> new to this kind of stuff (I'm using ConTeXt very basically).
>
> I made a demoTest.tex filestarting from s-pre-22.tex.
> I copied the demo part of s-pre-22.
>
> Here it is:
>
> %D \module
> %D   [      file=s-pre-22,
>
> \f\usemodule[s-pre-22]
> %D The demo text.
>
> \starttext
> etc.
>

> Now,  I compiled but I obtained:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.9 \TitlePage
>               {Indeed}{The Title Page}
>

> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> -a-
>

> On 3 Aug 2005, at 15:31, piskala upendran wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jessica
>>
>> The context/base has so many modules s-pre-**.tex. At
>> the end of the module you have the examples are given.
>> copy the examples in seperate file and add the module
>> no name from with the example was taken.
>>
>> \usemodule[pre-**]
>>  and compile the files. iam sure you can select your
>> flavour. you can also tweat the colors to suit your
>> requirement.
>>
>> thanks
>> upendran

> Andrea Valle
> Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
> Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
> Università degli Studi di Torino
> andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-04  5:28   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-08-04  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> %D \module
> %D   [      file=s-pre-22,
>
> \usemodule[s-pre-22]

The files with s-name and t-name are included with \usemodule[name],
so you only have to try
    \usemodule[pre-22]
or
    \usemodule[pre-cycle]
(see cont-fil.tex for other synonyms)

Mojca

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-04 20:26     ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2005-08-04 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot (as usual),
It changes nothing: I obtain same results.
So I'm gonna ask something I was going to ask some months ago.

I'm using TeXShop (on OSX 10.3) to create context  files.
It comes with his version of Context (and in fact I have the s-pre-
files) and I use this "internal" version to typeset the context files.
But I have to say I don't know exactly how the whole context works from
Texshop.
Could troubles depend on this non-standard installation?

Best

-a-

@ 2005-08-04 20:32   ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2005-08-04 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the same setup (TeX installation via Gerben's iinstaller).

You haven't by any chance called the file you are TeXing also
s-pre-22.tex?
This would explain it ---

Matthias

On Aug 3, 2005, at 3:36 PM, andrea valle wrote:

> Hi,
> very interesting. But I'm having troubles. Probably because I'm pretty
> new to this kind of stuff (I'm using ConTeXt very basically).
>
> I made a demoTest.tex filestarting from s-pre-22.tex.
> I copied the demo part of s-pre-22.
>
> Here it is:
>
> %D \module
> %D   [      file=s-pre-22,
>
> \f\usemodule[s-pre-22]
> %D The demo text.
>
> \starttext
> etc.
>

> Now,  I compiled but I obtained:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.9 \TitlePage
>               {Indeed}{The Title Page}
>

> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> -a-
>

> On 3 Aug 2005, at 15:31, piskala upendran wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jessica
>>
>> The context/base has so many modules s-pre-**.tex. At
>> the end of the module you have the examples are given.
>> copy the examples in seperate file and add the module
>> no name from with the example was taken.
>>
>> \usemodule[pre-**]
>>  and compile the files. iam sure you can select your
>> flavour. you can also tweat the colors to suit your
>> requirement.
>>
>> thanks
>> upendran

> Andrea Valle
> Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
> Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
> Università degli Studi di Torino
> andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-04 22:02       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-04 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:

> Thanks a lot (as usual),
> It changes nothing: I obtain same results.
> So I'm gonna ask something I was going to ask some months ago.
>
> I'm using TeXShop (on OSX 10.3) to create context  files.
> It comes with his version of Context (and in fact I have the s-pre-
> files) and I use this "internal" version to typeset the context files.
> But I have to say I don't know exactly how the whole context works
> from Texshop.
> Could troubles depend on this non-standard installation?

it should work ok with texshop

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-05 22:07     ` andrea valle
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: andrea valle @ 2005-08-05 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I obtain the same results from this file named demoTest put in the
demoTest folder on my desktop, starting form s-pre-p.

% demoTest
\f\usemodule[pre-08]
%D The demo text.

\starttext

\TitlePage
   {Fancy Styles:\\layers}

\StartIdea
   \StartSample
     \input tufte
   \StopSample
   \StartText
     \input reich
   \StopText
\StopIdea

\StartIdea
   \StartSample
     \input knuth
   \StopSample
   \StartText
     \input reich
   \StopText
\StopIdea

\stoptext

% EOF

I'm looking at the console to see what's happening but don't know what
to I should check
My s-pre files are in /sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base

I was looking forward to make my presentations... :-(

Thanks!

-a-

@ 2005-08-05 23:01       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-08-05 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> I obtain the same results from this file named demoTest put in the
> demoTest folder on my desktop, starting form s-pre-p.
>

> % demoTest
> \usemodule[pre-08]
> %D The demo text.
>
> \starttext
>
> \TitlePage
>    {Fancy Styles:\\layers}
>
> \StartIdea
>    \StartSample
>      \input tufte
>    \StopSample
>    \StartText
>      \input reich
>    \StopText
> \StopIdea
>
> \StartIdea
>    \StartSample
>      \input knuth
>    \StopSample
>    \StartText
>      \input reich
>    \StopText
> \StopIdea
>
> \stoptext
>
> % EOF
>
> I'm looking at the console to see what's happening but don't know what
> to I should check
> My s-pre files are in /sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base
>
> I was looking forward to make my presentations... :-(
>
> Thanks!
>
> -a-

Hi, Andrea,

Just no panic, everything can be solved.

I noticed two problems:

1. remove \input reich (or replace the "reich" it with any other tex
file residing in the tex/context/sample/ directory)
(reich.tex is written in Dutch interface, I don't know if that's
intentionally, but as nobody ever uses it, nobody else noticed that
anyway. Probably either the reich.tex itself or at least the demo
example should be changed in the official distribution.)

2. \setupbodyfont[pos,10pt] in s-pre-08.tex
I think this is already a deprecated way for font selecting now, but
as have more problems than knowledge & benefit about/from fonts,
someone else has to tell you what's the best way to overcome this.

Mojca

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-06  0:49         ` Saji N. Hameed
From: Saji N. Hameed @ 2005-08-06  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Andrea,

I would like to add to Mojca's second comment.  A possible way to deal
with the font problem is to use a font that is already in your system.
I tried using the Lucida Bright Font and it worked. First I copied
s-pre-08.tex into my working directory and renamed it to my-pre.tex.
Then I changed the following line

into
 		    \setupbodyfont[lbr,10pt]

and used
\usemodule[my-pre] instead of \usemodule[pre-08] in my source file.

saji

p.s: If you have the time, a great way to learn ConTeXt is to
      go through the source code of the modules and use the ConTeXt manuals
      to understand them...

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-06  1:29       ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2005-08-06  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Andrea,

I think there are now two different issues causing problems here.

i) There is a font problem with s-pre-08, as noted by Mojca and Saji,
but you don't get far enough to run into it.
On Aug 5, 2005, at 5:07 PM, andrea valle wrote:

ii) You are using funny characters in your file. When I copy and paste
your input into TeXShop,
I get the same error message, which baffled me quite a bit. Then I
noticed when I remove the blank line
between % demoTest and \TitlePage, the latter will be become colored
like a comment. This means that
your line end characters aren't the right ones. You can make this
plainly visible by opening your file
with something like BBedit. There is a funny character in front of
\TitlePage. You need to get rid of it.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how you managed to get the character in
the first place. Are you using MacOsRoman as the encoding
(shows in "Save As")?

Try to paste the following into TeXShop (I guess you will then run into
a font issue later...)

\usemodule[pre-08]

\starttext
\TitlePage
   {Fancy Styles:\\layers}

\StartIdea
   \StartSample
     \input tufte
   \StopSample
   \StartText
     \input reich
   \StopText
\StopIdea

\StartIdea
   \StartSample
     \input knuth
   \StopSample
   \StartText
     \input reich
   \StopText
\StopIdea

\stoptext

Matthias

> I obtain the same results from this file named demoTest put in the
> demoTest folder on my desktop, starting form s-pre-p.
>

> % demoTest
> \f\usemodule[pre-08]
> %D The demo text.
>
> \starttext
>
> \TitlePage
>   {Fancy Styles:\\layers}
>
> \StartIdea
>   \StartSample
>     \input tufte
>   \StopSample
>   \StartText
>     \input reich
>   \StopText
> \StopIdea
>
> \StartIdea
>   \StartSample
>     \input knuth
>   \StopSample
>   \StartText
>     \input reich
>   \StopText
> \StopIdea
>
> \stoptext
>
> % EOF
>
> I'm looking at the console to see what's happening but don't know what
> to I should check
> My s-pre files are in /sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base
>
> I was looking forward to make my presentations... :-(
>
> Thanks!
>
> -a-
>

> On 4 Aug 2005, at 22:32, Matthias Weber wrote:
>
>> I have the same setup (TeX installation via Gerben's iinstaller).
>>
>> You haven't by any chance called the file you are TeXing also
>> s-pre-22.tex?
>> This would explain it ---
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>> On Aug 3, 2005, at 3:36 PM, andrea valle wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> very interesting. But I'm having troubles. Probably because I'm
>>> pretty new to this kind of stuff (I'm using ConTeXt very basically).
>>>
>>> I made a demoTest.tex filestarting from s-pre-22.tex.
>>> I copied the demo part of s-pre-22.
>>>
>>> Here it is:
>>>
>>> %D \module
>>> %D   [      file=s-pre-22,
>>>
>>> \f\usemodule[s-pre-22]
>>> %D The demo text.
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> etc.
>>>

>>> Now,  I compiled but I obtained:
>>>
>>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>>> l.9 \TitlePage
>>>               {Indeed}{The Title Page}
>>>

>>> What am I missing?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot
>>>
>>> -a-

>>> Andrea Valle
>>> Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
>>> Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
>>> Università degli Studi di Torino
>>> andrea.valle@unito.it

> Andrea Valle
> Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
> Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
> Università degli Studi di Torino
> andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-09  5:27       ` 정 달영
From: 정 달영 @ 2005-08-09  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I copied the demoTest file and try to compile it.
And I got a 'undefined control sequence.' message as follows. I
confirmed the existence of the file "s-pre-08.tex" in the  ../context/
base/ folder.
Any help, please.

********************************
system          : contest.top loaded
(./contest.top
specials        : loading definition file tpd
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex
specials        : loading definition file fdf
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex)
specials        : fdf loaded
)
specials        : fdf,tpd loaded
) (./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo)
(./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo) (./
contest.tuo)
(./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo) (./contest.tuo)
systems         : begin file contest at line 5
! Undefined control sequence.
l.7 \TitlePage

? x
No pages of output.
************************

Thanks,

Dalyoung

  , 2005. 08. 06, 오전 7:07, andrea valle 작성:

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-09  7:53         ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2005-08-09  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's probably the problem I had of a strange character inserted before.
Try to open the file with some editor (BBedit, Jedit) and to see if
there is a strange character).
If so, then it won't compile. That's ok: it depends on other things.
You can refer to the previous mails in the thread.

Best

-a-

On 9 Aug 2005, at 07:27, 정 달영 wrote:

> [...]
>> \StopIdea
>>
>> \StartIdea
>>   \StartSample
>>     \input knuth
>>   \StopSample
>>   \StartText
>>     \input reich
>>   \StopText
>> \StopIdea
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> % EOF
>>
>> I'm looking at the console to see what's happening but don't know
>> what to I should check
>> My s-pre files are in /sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base
>>
>> I was looking forward to make my presentations... :-(
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -a-
>>

>> On 4 Aug 2005, at 22:32, Matthias Weber wrote:
>>

>>> I have the same setup (TeX installation via Gerben's iinstaller).
>>>
>>> You haven't by any chance called the file you are TeXing also

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/enriched, Size: 5329 bytes --]

It's probably the problem I had of a strange character inserted before.

Try to open the file with some editor (BBedit, Jedit) and to see if
there is a strange character).

If so, then it won't compile. That's ok: it depends on other things.
You can refer to the previous mails in the thread.

Best

-a-

On 9 Aug 2005, at 07:27,
wrote:

<excerpt>I copied the demoTest file and try to compile it.

[...]

7:07, andrea valle

<excerpt>I obtain the same results from this file named demoTest put
[...]

<excerpt>I have the same setup (TeX installation via Gerben's
iinstaller).

You haven't by any chance called the file you are TeXing also
s-pre-22.tex?

This would explain it ---

Matthias

On Aug 3, 2005, at 3:36 PM, andrea valle wrote:

<excerpt>Hi,

very interesting. But I'm having troubles. Probably because I'm pretty
new to this kind of stuff (I'm using ConTeXt very basically).

I made a demoTest.tex filestarting from s-pre-22.tex.

I copied the demo part of s-pre-22.

Here it is:

%D \module

%D   [      file=s-pre-22,

\f\usemodule[s-pre-22]

%D The demo text.

\starttext

etc.

Now,  I compiled but I obtained:

! Undefined control sequence.

l.9 \TitlePage

              {Indeed}{The Title Page}

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot

-a-

On 3 Aug 2005, at 15:31, piskala upendran wrote:

<excerpt>Hi, Jessica

The context/base has so many modules s-pre-**.tex. At

the end of the module you have the examples are given.

copy the examples in seperate file and add the module

no name from with the example was taken.

\usemodule[pre-**]

 and compile the files. iam sure you can select your

flavour. you can also tweat the colors to suit your

requirement.

thanks

upendran

http://mail.yahoo.com

</excerpt>Andrea Valle

Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"

Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione

Università degli Studi di Torino

andrea.valle@unito.it

</excerpt>

</excerpt>Andrea Valle

@ 2005-08-08 14:52   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2005-08-08 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

First I changed all the tex files and it seemed it changed nothing in
the output.
But:
Then I discovered that I have two context installations on my machine,
and that I was modifying the tex files of the the one not used by
TeXShop.
(The one TeXShop uses is under /usr/..., and I wasn't able to fin it
through mac finder: finder doesn't list its content. I was modifying
files lying in the installation of /sw/... folder).
So, everything seems alright.

Thanks a lot to all, now I know about base folder, and about my real
context engine.

(In any case, I still don't know why I should have two contexts, I only
installed TeXShop: ?)

Best

-a-

@ 2005-08-07 14:02 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-08-07 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello Taco,

thanks. Now  i can use reich example also in future.

cheers
upendran

piskala upendran wrote:
> hello valle,
>
> I did test your example. It complained as you said.
> however, it works ok under miktex + winedt with the
> following changes.
>
> a. remove the small square in front of the
> \usemodule[pre-08].
> b. \input reich changed to knuth because \citaat of
> reich is not decoded. I do not know the reason. Any
> contexpert can only tell.otherwise it compiled
> smoothly. you can try.

The file was never converted from dutch to english.
\citaat should be \quotation

Taco

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-07  6:40 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-08-07  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-08-06 21:48 ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2005-08-06 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you all,

Yes, I opened the file with jedit and saw the small square.
Strange, I copied and pasted form the tex file into the new tex file.
All with TeXShop.
  Now, I have (luckily) the announced problem with fonts.
I'm not on my machine and I cannot try the changes you all proposed.
As soon as I can (monday), I will test all.

Thanks again (it's a great community)

-a-

@ 2005-08-06 13:53 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-08-06 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-08-04  9:09 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-08-04  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jessica Holle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've searching for a dokumentation how to build a presentation, like
> in Powerpoint but better :-) with ConTeXt.
> I haven't found somethink in the PDF's on the Pragma page and on the
> Wiki.

> Only the Raw Steps module, which I doesn't understand.
> Has somebody information to this theme?

Building a presentation in ConTeXt is not much different than preparing
an usual ConTeXt document, with some exceptions:

- \usemodule[pre-general] includes some general definitions that you
probably want to use

- you probably have to use another page dimensions
   \setuppapersize % (already in pre-general)
       [S6][S6]
- you probably want to have full-screen
   \setupinteractionscreen
       [option=max]
- you may want to give some dynamics to the slides
   - growing pictures
     - see 13.6/page 514 of metafun-s.pdf
     - see animated construction of euro symbol under
       http://contextgarden.net/Sample_documents
   - growing content (3 completely different ways)
     - archive.contextgarden.net/message/20040804.222358.500e9264.html
     - Patrick's http://levana.de/emacs/elisp/elug/
     - David Mungner's RawSteps module (steps, but without JavaScript)
- you may want to have hyperlinks (next page, previous page)
- you probably want lots of pictures
   \externalfigure[name][width=...] (probably surrounded by \placefigure)

- ask Mr. Google for animation or presentation and add
   site:contextgarden.net or site:pragma-ade.com

Just an interesting presentation:
http://www.loria.fr/~roegel/TeX/context-gut2002.pdf (or .tex)

[tex]/tex/context/base/s-pre-*.tex are far the best way to learn a
couple of things. For a beginner it's a lot new stuff at once (I year
ago I spent much more time figuring out how to do something than I
actually spent on the content for the slides), but once you're familiar
with the basics, these files are pretty clear to undestand.

If you use \usemodule[pre-*], you can build a presentation pretty fast.
You can change colors or redefine some other things that you see in the
source of these modules. Later on you can start building your own styles
or, if you don't need fancy slides at all, all you have to do is to
define the proper page size, background color, style of section titles, ...

And don't forget about:
- ms-cb.en.pdf
- art-pres.pdf (ignore \presentationstep as it doesn't seem to work)
- cont-eni.pdf
- metafun-s.pdf (or any other metapost material: "learning metapost by
doing", "metapost manual", ...) if you want to make some fancy graphics
by yourself.

Have fun preparing your slides,
	Mojca

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-03 18:23       ` Brooks Moses
From: Brooks Moses @ 2005-08-03 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:25 AM 8/3/2005, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
>Hello Brooks,
>
>nice presentation! With which software do you produce your graphics?

Thanks!

I used TecPlot for those, since our department has a site
license.  (Unfortunately, it seems to be one of the sorts of software that
is difficult to purchase as an individual, so I'll have to find something
else once I graduate.)

For importing the images into ConTeXt, I "printed" them using Acrobat 5.0's
"print to PDF" driver, and then did some minor cropping before importing them.

>Maurice Diamantini schrieb:
>>Nice "self contained" slides, thanks you for the model;
>>but the "pdf" link for the slides actualy links to the tex files
>>(changing the ".tex" suffix to ".pdf" is OK)

Ah, indeed.  That should be corrected now; thanks for telling me.

- Brooks

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-03 13:25     ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-08-03 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Brooks,

nice presentation! With which software do you produce your graphics?

Wolfgang

Maurice Diamantini schrieb:

> Le 3 août 05 à 10:02, Brooks Moses a écrit :
>

>> One thing that you might find useful as an example, though, is a
>> presentation that I recently created in ConTeXt, and then put  online
>> (with both the PDF and the ConTeXt source available --  though,
>> without the images and the fonts, it's a little hard to  process
>> directly).  That's on my webpage here:
>>
>>   http://dpdx.net/research/papers/ILASS2005_Moses_abstract.html
>>
>> (See the "Slides: tex" and "pdf" links.)
>>

> Nice "self contained" slides, thanks you for the model;
> but the "pdf" link for the slides actualy links to the tex files
> (changing the ".tex" suffix to ".pdf" is OK)
>

>> - Brooks

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-03 12:49   ` Maurice Diamantini
From: Maurice Diamantini @ 2005-08-03 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Maurice Diamantini

Le 3 août 05 à 10:02, Brooks Moses a écrit :

> One thing that you might find useful as an example, though, is a
> presentation that I recently created in ConTeXt, and then put
> online (with both the PDF and the ConTeXt source available --
> though, without the images and the fonts, it's a little hard to
> process directly).  That's on my webpage here:
>
>   http://dpdx.net/research/papers/ILASS2005_Moses_abstract.html
>
> (See the "Slides: tex" and "pdf" links.)

Nice "self contained" slides, thanks you for the model;
but the "pdf" link for the slides actualy links to the tex files
(changing the ".tex" suffix to ".pdf" is OK)

> - Brooks

* Re: Presentation
@ 2005-08-03  8:02 ` Brooks Moses
From: Brooks Moses @ 2005-08-03  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:09 AM 8/3/2005, Jessica Holle wrote:
>I've searching for a dokumentation how to build a presentation, like
>in Powerpoint but better :-) with ConTeXt.
>I haven't found somethink in the PDF's on the Pragma page and on the
>Wiki.
>Only the Raw Steps module, which I doesn't understand.
>Has somebody information to this theme?

There should be quite a bit around; I think you're just not finding
it.  (Unfortunately, it's rather late here, so I shall leave that to
someone else....)

One thing that you might find useful as an example, though, is a
presentation that I recently created in ConTeXt, and then put online (with
both the PDF and the ConTeXt source available -- though, without the images
and the fonts, it's a little hard to process directly).  That's on my
webpage here:

   http://dpdx.net/research/papers/ILASS2005_Moses_abstract.html

(See the "Slides: tex" and "pdf" links.)

- Brooks

* Presentation
@ 2005-08-03  7:09 Jessica Holle