Dear List, In my continuing effort to improve my ConTeXt skills I thought I would have a look at XML and ConTeXt. Note: I have no XML skills but, "in for a penny, in for a pound", as they say over here. I started by looking at the very first example on page 5 of "Dealing with XML in ConTeXt mkiv" and straight away hit a problem.  There is a typo in the first line of the XML file which I corrected: should be However when I ran the file using the tex file it only produced a 3 page pdf with a contents page and 2 title pages and no other text. Here is the XML file which is the similar to the one on page 5 but with two sections rather than one:
Some title

a paragraph of text

another paragraph of text

Another title

a paragraph of text

another paragraph of text

The TeX file is cut and pasted from pages 5 and 6 of xml-mkiv.pdf: \startxmlsetups xml:demo:base \xmlsetsetup{#1}{document|section|p|itemize|item}{xml:demo:*} \stopxmlsetups \xmlregisterdocumentsetup{demo}{xml:demo:base} \startxmlsetups xml:demo:document \starttitle[title={Contents}] \placelist[chapter] \stoptitle \xmlflush{#1} \stopxmlsetups \startxmlsetups xml:demo:section \startchapter[title=\xmlfirst{#1}{/title}] \xmlfirst{#1}{/content} \stopchapter \stopxmlsetups \startxmlsetups xml:demo:p \xmlflush{#1}\endgraf \stopxmlsetups \xmlprocessfile{demo}{demo.xml}{} This seemed such a simple example and I'm a bit perplexed as to why it did not work. Can somebody explain why no paragraphs are showing up? I'm using: ConTeXt ver: 2018.04.04 00:51 MKIV beta fmt: 2018.6.2 int: english/english LuaTeX, Version 1.07.0 (TeX Live 2018) Thanks and Best Wishes Keith McKay