* command line arguments to specify output directory
@ 2022-03-30 16:24 A A via ntg-context
From: A A via ntg-context @ 2022-03-30 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

I would like to ask whether there exists a command line option to the
context executable which would allow me to specify the directory in which I
would like my output to be dumped.

I have noticed that if I call the executable outside the directory in which
the .tex file resides, my supporting files (and resulting pdf) are dumped
outside the directory in which the .tex file is located.

Any help would be most welcome. Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Amine

* Re: command line arguments to specify output directory
@ 2022-03-30 16:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
       [not found]   ` <CAMwawgOWAQ+rDtf1sugYAccYWXkKMHG-uFLPh-p+UH_KOGWmYw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2022-03-30 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

A A via ntg-context schrieb am 30.03.2022 um 18:24:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to ask whether there exists a command line option to the
> context executable which would allow me to specify the directory in
> which I would like my output to be dumped.
>
> I have noticed that if I call the executable outside the directory in
> which the .tex file resides, my supporting files (and resulting pdf)
> are dumped outside the directory in which the .tex file is located.

context --runpath=... filename

Wolfgang

* Fwd: command line arguments to specify output directory
       [not found]   ` <CAMwawgOWAQ+rDtf1sugYAccYWXkKMHG-uFLPh-p+UH_KOGWmYw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-03-30 17:25     ` A A via ntg-context
From: A A via ntg-context @ 2022-03-30 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang. I have two remarks:

   - That option is not documented and cannot be found when I type *context
   *into my command line and press enter. Do you know why this is?
   - I tried the following *context --runpath=test test/test.tex * but it
   still dumps all the output (.log, .pdf and .tuc) into my current directory.
   I would like for it to get dumped inside the *test *directory...

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 at 18:39, Wolfgang Schuster <
wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> A A via ntg-context schrieb am 30.03.2022 um 18:24:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I would like to ask whether there exists a command line option to the
> > context executable which would allow me to specify the directory in
> > which I would like my output to be dumped.
> >
> > I have noticed that if I call the executable outside the directory in
> > which the .tex file resides, my supporting files (and resulting pdf)
> > are dumped outside the directory in which the .tex file is located.
>
> context --runpath=... filename
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Fwd: command line arguments to specify output directory
@ 2022-03-30 22:45       ` Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context
From: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context @ 2022-03-30 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A A via ntg-context; +Cc: Aditya Mahajan

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022, A A via ntg-context wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 at 18:39, Wolfgang Schuster <
> wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A A via ntg-context schrieb am 30.03.2022 um 18:24:
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I would like to ask whether there exists a command line option to the
> > > context executable which would allow me to specify the directory in
> > > which I would like my output to be dumped.
> > >
> > > I have noticed that if I call the executable outside the directory in
> > > which the .tex file resides, my supporting files (and resulting pdf)
> > > are dumped outside the directory in which the .tex file is located.
> >
> > context --runpath=... filename
>
>    - I tried the following *context --runpath=test test/test.tex * but it
>    still dumps all the output (.log, .pdf and .tuc) into my current directory.
>    I would like for it to get dumped inside the *test *directory...

mtxrun --path=test --script context test.tex

(note that filename has to be relative to the test/ directory not CWD)

Aditya

* Re: Fwd: command line arguments to specify output directory
@ 2022-03-31  5:21         ` A A via ntg-context
From: A A via ntg-context @ 2022-03-31  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Aditya,

Sorry, but I'm still getting an error:

*runtime error : input file 'test/test.tex' is not found, quitting*

Amine

@ 2022-03-31  5:24           ` A A via ntg-context
From: A A via ntg-context @ 2022-03-31  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Aditya,

Nevermind, I got it to work. Thanks!

Amine

@ 2022-03-31  9:18             ` Alain Delmotte via ntg-context
From: Alain Delmotte via ntg-context @ 2022-03-31  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A A via ntg-context; +Cc: Alain Delmotte

* Re: Fwd: command line arguments to specify output directory
@ 2022-03-31 15:02               ` A A via ntg-context
From: A A via ntg-context @ 2022-03-31 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)