* Custom Footertext
@ 2019-09-29 18:16 Jeroen
From: Jeroen @ 2019-09-29 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list members,

I am using the following environment file. The document itself is made-up
of sections only. Instead of the section as footer, I would like to add a
custom footer text throughout the document, starting at the second page as
is the page numbering. I just don't seem to be able to adjust it. Who can
help me out?

Best Regards,
Jeroen

\startenvironment mkivcnotesenv
\setuppapersize[A4,portrait]
               [A4,portrait]
\setuplayout[backspace=20mm,
             width=175mm,
             topspace=20mm,
             header=0mm,
             footer=2mm,
             height=263mm,
             bottomheight=1mm,
             footerdistance=10mm]
\usetypescript[pagella]
\setupbodyfont[pagella,12pt]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuptype[style={\switchtobodyfont[11pt,tt]}]
\setuptyping[style={\switchtobodyfont[11pt,tt]}]
\setupfootertexts[section][]
\setupfooter[alternative=,style=\bf\em]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=,location={footer,right},style=\bf\em]
\setcounter[userpage][0]
\setupcombinedlist[content][level=1]
\setupexternalfigures[directory={images}]
\stopenvironment

* Re: Custom Footertext
@ 2019-09-29 18:19 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-09-29 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeroen schrieb am 29.09.2019 um 20:16:
> Dear list members,
>
> I am using the following environment file. The document itself is
> made-up of sections only. Instead of the section as footer, I would
> like to add a custom footer text throughout the document, starting at
> the second page as is the page numbering. I just don't seem to be able
> to adjust it.
The second page of the document or of each section.
> Who can help me out?
Show a working minimal example of your current setup.

Wolfgang

* Re: Custom Footertext
@ 2019-09-29 18:28 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-09-29 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 2019-09-29 um 20:16 schrieb Jeroen <contextntg@gmail.com>:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> I am using the following environment file. The document itself is made-up of sections only. Instead of the section as footer, I would like to add a custom footer text throughout the document, starting at the second page as is the page numbering. I just don't seem to be able to adjust it. Who can help me out?

What’s wrong with
\setupfootertexts[some][text][of your][own]
?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: Custom Footertext
@ 2019-09-29 18:36   ` Jeroen
From: Jeroen @ 2019-09-29 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is the main file.

\environment mkivcnotesenv
\startdocument
 [metadata:subject={MkIV Context},
   affiliation=Context]
\starttext
\startfrontmatter
\input{frontpage.tex}
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter
\section{Introduction}
\dorecurse{10}{input knuth}
\stopbodymatter
\startappendices
%\input{a1.tex}
\stopappendices
\stoptext

Op zo 29 sep. 2019 om 18:28 schreef Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net>:

> > Am 2019-09-29 um 20:16 schrieb Jeroen <contextntg@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Dear list members,
> >
> > I am using the following environment file. The document itself is
> made-up of sections only. Instead of the section as footer, I would like to
> add a custom footer text throughout the document, starting at the second
> page as is the page numbering. I just don't seem to be able to adjust it.
> Who can help me out?
>
> What’s wrong with
> \setupfootertexts[some][text][of your][own]
> ?
>
> Greetlings, Hraban
> ---
> https://www.fiee.net
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
> GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: Custom Footertext
@ 2019-09-29 21:36     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-09-29 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeroen schrieb am 29.09.2019 um 20:36:
> This is the main file.
Neither minimal nor complete and \stopdocument is also missing.
> \environment mkivcnotesenv
> \startdocument
>  [metadata:subject={MkIV Context},
>    affiliation=Context]
> \starttext
> \startfrontmatter
> \input{frontpage.tex}
> \stopfrontmatter
> \startbodymatter
> \section{Introduction}
> \dorecurse{10}{input knuth}
> \stopbodymatter
> \startappendices
> %\input{a1.tex}
> \stopappendices
> \stoptext

Are you looking for something like this (I need more information for a
better answer):

\definetext [sectionfooter] [footer] [section]
%\definetext [sectionfooter] [footer] [text] [section] []

\setupfootertexts [I'm a footer text!] [pagenumber]

\setuppagenumbering
   [location=,
    style=bolditalic]

\setuphead
   [section]
   [page=yes, % needed for the footer setting
    footer=sectionfooter]

\starttext

\section{Introduction}

\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Custom Footertext
@ 2019-09-30  0:16       ` Jeroen
From: Jeroen @ 2019-09-30  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have condensed it into a single document. The footer has in the right
side the page numbering and at the left the "section". Both only start at
the second page, which is good. I was wondering if the "section" could have
the "title" in front of it. The title always stays the same, and the
section changes.
Many Thanks
Jeroen

\setuppapersize[A4,portrait]
               [A4,portrait]
\setuplayout[backspace=20mm,
             width=175mm,
             topspace=20mm,
             header=0mm,
             footer=2mm,
             height=263mm,
             bottomheight=1mm,
             footerdistance=10mm]
\usetypescript[pagella]
\setupbodyfont[pagella,12pt]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupfootertexts[section][]
\setupfooter[alternative=,style=\bf\em]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=,location={footer,right},style=\bf\em]
\setcounter[userpage][0]
\setupcombinedlist[content][level=1]
\setupexternalfigures[directory={images}]
\startdocument[
  metadata:title={MkIV Context Notes},
  metadata:subtitle={},
  metadata:subject={MkIV Context},
  affiliation=Context]
\starttext
\startfrontmatter
\title{MkIV \CONTEXT\ Notes.}
\startcolumns[n=2]
\input zapf
\stopcolumns
\vfill
\placecontent
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter
\section{Introduction}
\dorecurse{5}{\input knuth}
\section{Closure}
\dorecurse{5}{\input bryson}
\stopbodymatter
\startappendices
\setupcombinedlist[content][level=1]
\section{Appendix A}
\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte}
\stopappendices
\stoptext

Op zo 29 sep. 2019 om 21:36 schreef Wolfgang Schuster <
wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>:

> Jeroen schrieb am 29.09.2019 um 20:36:
> > This is the main file.
> Neither minimal nor complete and \stopdocument is also missing.
> > \environment mkivcnotesenv
> > \startdocument
> >  [metadata:subject={MkIV Context},
> >    affiliation=Context]
> > \starttext
> > \startfrontmatter
> > \input{frontpage.tex}
> > \stopfrontmatter
> > \startbodymatter
> > \section{Introduction}
> > \dorecurse{10}{input knuth}
> > \stopbodymatter
> > \startappendices
> > %\input{a1.tex}
> > \stopappendices
> > \stoptext
>
> Are you looking for something like this (I need more information for a
> better answer):
>
> \definetext [sectionfooter] [footer] [section]
> %\definetext [sectionfooter] [footer] [text] [section] []
>
> \setupfootertexts [I'm a footer text!] [pagenumber]
>
> \setuppagenumbering
>    [location=,
>     style=bolditalic]
>
> \setuphead
>    [section]
>    [page=yes, % needed for the footer setting
>     footer=sectionfooter]
>
> \starttext
>
> \section{Introduction}
>
> \dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Custom Footertext
@ 2019-09-30 17:20         ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2019-09-30 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 9/30/19 2:16 AM, Jeroen wrote:
> I have condensed it into a single document. The footer has in the right
> side the page numbering and at the left the "section". Both only start
> at the second page, which is good. I was wondering if the "section"
> could have the "title" in front of it. The title always stays the same,
> and the section changes.

Hi Jeroen,

I reply to your questions and make some comments.

> \setuppapersize[A4,portrait]
>                [A4,portrait]

This isn’t required, since this is the default.

> \usetypescript[pagella]
> \setupbodyfont[pagella,12pt]

I would say that the first line isn’t required.

> \setupcolors[state=start]

If I’m not wrong, this is also the default.

> \setupfootertexts[section][]

This might be what you need:

    \setupfootertexts[section][\getvariable{document}{metadata:title}]

> \startdocument[
>   metadata:title={MkIV Context Notes},
>   metadata:subtitle={},
>   metadata:subject={MkIV Context},
>   affiliation=Context]

I don’t know why, your sample doesn’t include the matching \stopdocument
command. Could you compile your sample source without errors?

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk