From: jbf via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: adjusting vertical space
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:03:06 +1100	[thread overview]

That was the clue I needed - in particular the use of minus values,
which I had entirely overlooked. And since \vskip works, so, therefore,
does simple \blank with a minus value (and better style!), and for that
matter also \hskip to make micro horizontal adjustments. In the end, so
simple and another lesson learned - look to the simple rather than the
more complicated solutions first.

Thank you for the patient mentoring.

Julian