* fontfamily not loaded anymore
@ 2018-12-09  8:02 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-12-09  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following source:

    \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][GFS Bodoni]
    \definefontfamily[mainface][hw][GFS Artemisia]
    \definefontfamily[mainface][ss][GFS Neohellenic]
    \definefontfamily[mainface][tt][GFS Didot]
        %[tf=file:{GFSDidot-Regular.otf}]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface]
    \startbuffer
      α β γ δ ε ζ\\
      {\em α β γ δ ε ζ}\\
      {\bf α β γ δ ε ζ}\\
      {\bf α β γ δ ε ζ}\\
    \stopbuffer
    \starttext
      \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
        \getbuffer
        \tt\getbuffer
        \ss\getbuffer
        \hw\getbuffer
      \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

All typefaces are loaded fine, except GFS Didot. Unless I specify the
file for tf, any GFS Didot font isn’t loaded. I’m experiencing this with
the latest betas.

The error I get from ConTeXt is:

selectfont      > The requested font 'GFS Didot' has no files for the
'tf' alternative, Latin Modern is used instead.

"mtxrunjit --script --fonts --list --all" shows in the relevant lines:

gfsartemisiabold  gfsartemisia   gfsartemisiabold   GFSArtemisiaBold.otf
gfsartemisiabolditalic   gfsdidot  gfsartemisiabolditalic
GFSArtemisiaBoldIt.otf
gfsartemisiaitalic  gfsartemisia   gfsartemisiaitalic    GFSArtemisiaIt.otf
gfsartemisianormal  gfsartemisia   gfsartemisiaregular   GFSArtemisia.otf
gfsartemisiaregular    gfsartemisia   gfsartemisiaregular   GFSArtemisia.otf
gfsbodonibold   gfsbodoni gfsbodonibold    GFSBodoniBold.otf
gfsbodonibolditalic    gfsbodoni gfsbodonibolditalic   GFSBodoniBoldIt.otf
gfsbodoniitalic   gfsbodoni gfsbodoniitalic  GFSBodoniIt.otf
gfsbodoninormal   gfsbodoni gfsbodoniregular   GFSBodoni.otf
gfsbodoniregular  gfsbodoni gfsbodoniregular   GFSBodoni.otf
gfsdidotbold    gfsdidot  gfsdidotbold   GFSDidotBold.otf
gfsdidotbolditalic  gfsdidot  gfsdidotbolditalic    GFSDidotBoldItalic.otf
gfsdidotitalic    gfsdidot  gfsdidotitalic   GFSDidotItalic.otf
gfsdidotnormal    gfsdidot  gfsdidotregular  GFSDidot-Regular.otf
gfsdidotregular   gfsdidot  gfsdidotregular  GFSDidot-Regular.otf
gfsneohellenicbold  gfsneohellenic   gfsneohellenicbold
GFSNeohellenicBold.otf
gfsneohellenicbolditalic   gfsneohellenic   gfsneohellenicbolditalic
GFSNeohellenic-BoldItalic.otf
gfsneohellenicitalic   gfsneohellenic   gfsneohellenicitalic
GFSNeohellenicIt.otf
gfsneohellenicnormal   gfsneohellenic   gfsneohellenicregular
GFSNeohellenic.otf
gfsneohellenicregular    gfsneohellenic   gfsneohellenicregular
GFSNeohellenic.otf

Why is the specification of the file for the tf style with GFS Didot needed?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: fontfamily not loaded anymore
@ 2018-12-09 12:52 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2018-12-09 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Pablo,

where did you get the files for GFS Didot from because all packages
I found use the name GFSDidot.otf for the upright style of the font while
you have a file with the name GFSDidot-Regular.otf on your system.

Wolfgang

@ 2018-12-09 16:20   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-12-09 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Hi Pablo,
>
> where did you get the files for GFS Didot from because all packages
> I found use the name GFSDidot.otf for the upright style of the font while
> you have a file with the name GFSDidot-Regular.otf on your system.

Hi Wolfgang,

I modified the font myself to add OpenType lfbd values, but the problem
is that I created a new  font (Typographica Didot) with the same XUID
and UniqueID as the already existing GFSDidot.odt.

Although FontForge reported not using them, renewing thee value of the
XUID for Typographica Didot solved the problem.

Sorry for the noise,

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk