* German introduction to context
@ 2018-10-21 11:22 Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2018-10-21 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I’m looking for an introduction in german.
What I need is:
- Structure chapter/section …
- Emphasis bold/italic
- lists itemize
- floats
- TABLE
- references
- math (with units)
- chemistry (only basic stuff)

Several years ago I started to prepare a talk for a DANTE meeting, trying to show how to generate epub from context.
Since I got a new job in early 2015 I didn’t have time to finish the talk or go to the meeting.
I’ll use the enclosed text as a starting point, unless someone already has a usable manual.

Note: Dominik Wagenführ was an editor of the now defunct „Freies Magazin“ and he supplied a LaTeX document of examples that needed to be converted into ePub. Thus the enclosed document is mainly concerned about epub.

Greetings Axel

[-- Attachment #2: intro.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 54388 bytes --]

PS: Comments are welcome.

* Re: German introduction to context
@ 2018-10-21 14:33 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-10-21 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Axel,

how about creating a repository at GitLab with the contents you provide?

This would make contributions easier.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo

PS: ConTeXt can deal with XML directly, so I wonder whether it makes
sense to convert from pandoc to ConTeXt.

PS²: hyphenation is wrong in US English only.

    \starttext
    \hyphenatedword{Trennalgorithmus}
    \de\hyphenatedword{Trennalgorithmus}
    \deo\hyphenatedword{Trennalgorithmus}
    \stoptext

On 10/21/18 1:22 PM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m looking for an introduction in german.
> What I need is:
> - Structure chapter/section …
> - Emphasis bold/italic
> - lists itemize
> - floats
> - TABLE
> - references
> - math (with units)
> - chemistry (only basic stuff)
>
> Several years ago I started to prepare a talk for a DANTE meeting, trying to show how to generate epub from context.
> Since I got a new job in early 2015 I didn’t have time to finish the talk or go to the meeting.
> I’ll use the enclosed text as a starting point, unless someone already has a usable manual.
>
> Note: Dominik Wagenführ was an editor of the now defunct „Freies Magazin“ and he supplied a LaTeX document of examples that needed to be converted into ePub. Thus the enclosed document is mainly concerned about epub.
>
> Greetings Axel
>
> PS: Comments are welcome.

http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: German introduction to context
@ 2018-10-22 16:02   ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2018-10-22 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Am 21.10.2018 um 16:33 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>
> Hi Axel,
>
> how about creating a repository at GitLab with the contents you provide?
>
> This would make contributions easier.

I’m planing to do this, but I want to turn it into a project first (probably overkill but a good example) and add some of the things I learned recently.

Axel

* Re: German introduction to context
@ 2018-11-02  9:07     ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2018-11-02  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello!

As promised I’ve uploaded my ConTeXt introduction to github.
You can find it at
https://github.com/AKielhorn/Context-Intro

I used MkIV syntax for \startsection \stopsection but gave up on \startparagraph \stoparagraph.

Is there a way to auto convert that or do I have to add these command once I want to generate tagged PDF?

Feel free to comment, this is the second time I use ConTeXt and I wanted to keep notes about the things I need.

Future plan:
Learn more about bibliography.
Create PDF/A (or /UA).
More math as I need it.

Alternative environments to change the look.

Greetings Axel

* Re: German introduction to context
@ 2018-11-02 11:28       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-11-02 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Axel Kielhorn,

On 11/2/2018 10:07 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
> Hello!
>
> As promised I’ve uploaded my ConTeXt introduction to github.
> You can find it at
> https://github.com/AKielhorn/Context-Intro
>
> I used MkIV syntax for \startsection \stopsection but gave up on \startparagraph \stoparagraph.
>
> Is there a way to auto convert that or do I have to add these command once I want to generate tagged PDF?

normally \startparagraph is not needed

> Feel free to comment, this is the second time I use ConTeXt and I wanted to keep notes about the things I need.
why not also put a pdf there

Hans

* Re: German introduction to context
@ 2018-11-02 13:25         ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2018-11-02 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Am 02.11.2018 um 12:28 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>:
>
> On 11/2/2018 10:07 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
>> Hello!
>> As promised I’ve uploaded my ConTeXt introduction to github.
>> You can find it at
>> https://github.com/AKielhorn/Context-Intro
>> I used MkIV syntax for \startsection \stopsection but gave up on \startparagraph \stoparagraph.
>> Is there a way to auto convert that or do I have to add these command once I want to generate tagged PDF?
>
> normally \startparagraph is not needed

Good to hear that.

Should I remove them to avoid confusion?

>> Feel free to comment, this is the second time I use ConTeXt and I wanted to keep notes about the things I need.
> why not also put a pdf there

Changed gitignore, I’ll include the PDF with the next version.

Axel

* Startparagraph, was Re:  German introduction to context
@ 2018-11-02 21:07         ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2018-11-02 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/2/2018 07:28, Hans Hagen wrote:

> normally \startparagraph is not needed

Hans,

Can you explain in a bit more detail about when \startparagraph is needed.

Is it needed to generate properly tagged paragraphs in a tagged pdf
document, or is that tagging done by other means?

Under what circumstances is it useful?

--
Rik

* Re: Startparagraph, was Re:  German introduction to context
@ 2018-11-03 10:34           ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2018-11-03 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2018-11-02 um 22:07 schrieb Rik Kabel <context@rik.users.panix.com>:

> Is it needed to generate properly tagged paragraphs in a tagged pdf document, or is that tagging done by other means?

Exactly.

> Under what circumstances is it useful?

If you need to process the exported XML, e.g. for ePub.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: German introduction to context
@ 2018-11-07  7:47       ` Jan U. Hasecke
From: Jan U. Hasecke @ 2018-11-07  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Axel,

thanks a lot for this introduction.

Am 02.11.18 um 10:07 schrieb Axel Kielhorn:
> Hello!
>
> As promised I’ve uploaded my ConTeXt introduction to github.
> You can find it at
> https://github.com/AKielhorn/Context-Intro
>
> I used MkIV syntax for \startsection \stopsection but gave up on \startparagraph \stoparagraph.
>
> Is there a way to auto convert that or do I have to add these command once I want to generate tagged PDF?
>
> Feel free to comment, this is the second time I use ConTeXt and I wanted to keep notes about the things I need.
>
> Future plan:
> Learn more about bibliography.
> Create PDF/A (or /UA).
> More math as I need it.
>
> Alternative environments to change the look.

If you are familiar with LaTeX (as a user) many things are obvious in
ConTeXt, at least for me.

Early showstoppers – at least for me – are configuration and the
definition of styles etc. At first you think, wow, this key-value
pairing is nice, but then you realize that you never know which keys are
available and what values can be applied.

What kind of brackets must be used?
Why do some commands have two, three, four brackets for options?

The next showstopper is the define-setup system and the possibility to
give names to your macros. I always thought: Well, there is a well
defined system in it, I am only too dumb to grasp it. I discovered
setup-en.pdf and tried to figure out how to read it. I discovered
showsetup only to see that \showsetup{setuphead} just gives me a list of
options but no explanation. It would be great if showsetup would give
explanations to the keys and values.

I like to learn using try-and-error, but I would love to have a
systematic introduction to the concepts of ConTeXt.

Maybe you can add some of this in your introduction to make it a
starting point for users speaking German.
juh