* references over several documents
@ 2003-10-16  5:02 gmorais
From: gmorais @ 2003-10-16  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All:

At this moment i am producing a set of documents, that ocasionally have
refences among them. For eg:

document 1

   \starttext

   \placeformula[eq:1.1]
	\startformula
	e = m c^2
	\stopformula

   \stoptext

document 2

     \starttext

	In here I want to refer to equation 1.1 in document 1

     \stoptext

How can I do it?

Thanks in advance: Gonçalo

* Re: references over several documents
@ 2003-10-16 18:50 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-10-16 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gonçalo wrote:
>Hello All:
>
>At this moment i am producing a set of documents, that ocasionally have
>refences among them. For eg:
>
>document 1
>
>    \starttext
>
>    \placeformula[eq:1.1]
>         \startformula
>         e = m c^2
>         \stopformula
>
>    \stoptext
>
>document 2
>
>      \starttext
>
>         In here I want to refer to equation 1.1 in document 1
>
>      \stoptext
>
>How can I do it?
>
>Hi Gonçalo,

Once some time ago I used referencing in an interactive document. There the
approach was:

\useexternaldocument[reference] [external file name] [optional comments]

\goto{Code voorbeeld}[reference::]

I stand corrected, the following shoud work in your case

\useexternaldocument[Formulae][document1][document 1 is on of the chapters]

see also \in{equation}[Formulae::eq:1.1]

Kind regards Willi