* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 22:22 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-10-01 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> \startpagefigure[...][...] \stoppagefigure
> >
> > what is the meaning of the [...]
>
> \startpagefigure[.#1.][.#2.] \stoppagefigure

So in order to insert a whole PDF do I have to use something like

\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=1]\stoppagefigure
\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=2]\stoppagefigure
\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=3]\stoppagefigure
\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=4]\stoppagefigure

or is there also a nice keyword for "insert all pages"?

Steffen

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 22:34 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-01 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum <st.wolfrum@estfiles.de> writes:

Hi,

> So in order to insert a whole PDF do I have to use something like
>
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=1]\stoppagefigure
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=2]\stoppagefigure
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=3]\stoppagefigure
> \startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=4]\stoppagefigure
>
> or is there also a nice keyword for "insert all pages"?

What is wrong with \copypages?

Patrick
--
evil code: \dorecurse{4}{\startpagefigure[..][page=\recurselevel]\stopp...}

* Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 23:04   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-01 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> writes:

> --
> evil code: \dorecurse{4}{\startpagefigure[..][page=\recurselevel]\stopp...}

Perhaps not that evil, it seems to work :)

\starttext
\getfiguredimensions[ward]
\dorecurse{\noffigurepages}{\startpagefigure[ward][page=\recurselevel]
\stoppagefigure}
\stoptext

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-02  9:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-02  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 00:22 02/10/2003, you wrote:
>Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > > what is the meaning of the [...]
> >
> > \startpagefigure[.#1.][.#2.] \stoppagefigure
>

>So in order to insert a whole PDF do I have to use something like
>
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=1]\stoppagefigure
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=2]\stoppagefigure
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=3]\stoppagefigure
>\startpagefigure[appleblossom][page=4]\stoppagefigure

there is:

\insertpages[file.pdf][1,3][n=30,width=18cm]

(another challenge for patrick)

Hans

* Re: Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 11:21   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-10-01 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:32:47 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 10:48 01/10/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >But is there also a command to *add* other pdfs?
> >Given that they are the same size.
>
> \startTEXpage
>
> \externalfigure[something.pdf]
>
> \stopTEXpage
>
> or shorter:
>
> \startpagefigure[...][...] \stoppagefigure

what is the meaning of the [...]

TIA.

Jens

* Re: Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 10:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-01 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:48 01/10/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>But is there also a command to *add* other pdfs?
>Given that they are the same size.

\startTEXpage

\externalfigure[something.pdf]

\stopTEXpage

or shorter:

\startpagefigure[...][...] \stoppagefigure

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: inserting other pdf's
@ 2003-10-01 10:31   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-01 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:23 01/10/2003 +0300, you wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
> > > % output=pdftex
> > > \starttext
> > > \externalfigure[somefile.pdf]
> > > \stoptext
> >

> > When I tried it it looks to me as these pages were placed like figures -
> > sure, externalfigure o)
>
>Unfortunately, they are. Been there, done that, fought two hours with this
>yesterday and got in the best case adequate results by cropping the pdf
>page in Acrobat first and then inserting as externalfigure...
>
>I can do this with Adobe Acrobat (as we really have a licence for the full
>thing) and another (more affordable) option for Windows users would be
>pdfedit995 (<http://www.pdfedit995.com/>), but I really would like to
>insert the pages in ConTeXt to make sure that I don't forget the insertion
>process.
>
>Brief experiments with texexec didn't seem to work and even the help says
>"--pdfcombine  combine pages to one page", which is not what I want to do
>(besides, as I'm compiling my file out of Emacs with a keyboard command,
>I'd rather not play with texexec at all).
>

>The command in Acrobat is Document | Insert Pages - I've tried to tell
>myself that there must be an easy way to duplicate this somewhere in the
>ConTeXt file, but may be there isn't? If not, this is HIGH on my wishlist.
>I, too, have full page AutoCad originated pdf files to insert...

\slicepages
   [somefile.pdf]
   [n=0,                        % triggers full page clipping
    voffset=1in,
    height=23.55cm,
    width=22cm,
    offset=\dimexpr(-1in- 2pt)]
   [offset=\dimexpr(-1in+19pt)]

@ 2003-10-01  9:23 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2003-10-01  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> > % output=pdftex
> > \starttext
> > \externalfigure[somefile.pdf]
> > \stoptext
>

> When I tried it it looks to me as these pages were placed like figures -
> sure, externalfigure o)

Unfortunately, they are. Been there, done that, fought two hours with this
yesterday and got in the best case adequate results by cropping the pdf
page in Acrobat first and then inserting as externalfigure...

I can do this with Adobe Acrobat (as we really have a licence for the full
thing) and another (more affordable) option for Windows users would be
pdfedit995 (<http://www.pdfedit995.com/>), but I really would like to
insert the pages in ConTeXt to make sure that I don't forget the insertion
process.

Brief experiments with texexec didn't seem to work and even the help says
"--pdfcombine  combine pages to one page", which is not what I want to do
(besides, as I'm compiling my file out of Emacs with a keyboard command,
I'd rather not play with texexec at all).

The command in Acrobat is Document | Insert Pages - I've tried to tell
myself that there must be an easy way to duplicate this somewhere in the
ConTeXt file, but may be there isn't? If not, this is HIGH on my wishlist.
I, too, have full page AutoCad originated pdf files to insert...

mari