* Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14  8:20 Edwin Wisse
From: Edwin Wisse @ 2003-10-14  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am running into overfull boxes when including a weaved cweb file into
a context document.  The original reference to the cwebmac.tex file (the
plain
TeX macro) is commented out and replaced by \usemodule[cweb]. The cweb
macros appear to expand something into \*11ptmmmt* which seems to have
something to do with it.
Is there anyone here with experience and deep (Con)TeX(t) knowledge who
understands what is happening?

Regards, Edwin
----------------------------------part of my log
file------------------------------------------------
Overfull \hbox (6.4885pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 3--13
\*11ptmmmr* for the ap-pli-ca-tion de-vel-op-ment mod-ule. This is a
small ap-p
li-ca-tion which loads file

\hbox(7.63889+2.13889)x398.33858
.\*11ptmmmr* f
.\*11ptmmmr* o
.\*11ptmmmr* r
.\glue(\spaceskip) 3.66628
.\*11ptmmmr* t
.etc.

Overfull \hbox (8.38132pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 3--13
\*11ptmmmr* with point and line da-ta and dis-plays it in a win-dow. It
pro-vid
es a us-er in-ter-face al-

\hbox(7.63889+2.13889)x398.33858
.\*11ptmmmr* w
.\*11ptmmmr* i
.\*11ptmmmr* t
.\*11ptmmmr* h
.\glue(\spaceskip) 3.66628
.etc.

* Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14  8:54 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-14  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> I am running into overfull boxes when including a weaved cweb file into
> a context document.

I don't really understand your question. You have overfull boxes in
your TeX run. That is a "normal" TeX feature. They can usually be
avoided. But in your case I guess that it is something which you
cannot avoid. But how should we know? I guess that the cweb module is
not that commonly used. So you might be better of and supply a
minimal (!) but complete (!) example.

Patrick

--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14 13:16   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-14 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:54 14/10/2003, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hi,
>
> > I am running into overfull boxes when including a weaved cweb file into
> > a context document.
>
>I don't really understand your question. You have overfull boxes in
>your TeX run. That is a "normal" TeX feature. They can usually be
>avoided. But in your case I guess that it is something which you
>cannot avoid. But how should we know? I guess that the cweb module is
>not that commonly used. So you might be better of and supply a
>minimal (!) but complete (!) example.

it may be a result of many unbreakable (key)words, so in that case try:

\setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]

Hans

* Re: Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2003-10-14 13:55     ` Edwin Wisse
From: Edwin Wisse @ 2003-10-14 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> it may be a result of many unbreakable (key)words, so in that case try:
>
> \setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]
>
> Hans

It seems to be caused by the fact that \hbox is used frequently in
m-cweb.tex.
\hbox-es are unbreakable aren't they? Anyway your solution results in plenty
of underfull boxes (as can be expected) and a much better looking result.

Many thanks,
Edwin

* Re: Overfull boxes using m-cweb
@ 2016-01-27  7:14     ` Ibn Saeed
From: Ibn Saeed @ 2016-01-27  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma <at> wxs.nl> writes:

> it may be a result of many unbreakable (key)words, so in that case try:
>
> \setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]
>
> Hans

Thanks Hans, I was having some issue with overfull boxe in one paragraph, i
applied your command and it solved the issue.