* things I do when I get bored...
@ 2003-10-17 22:34 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-17 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello out there,

... are not what I am going to announce here.

But, you can -- if you are brave -- try out the new-on-the-www port of
texshow, the ConTeXt command browser. As a bonus, comments can be added
to the commands (as in etexshow), but since you are not alone on the
www, you can share and enjoy! One day I will add a section for
examples. You can then share your favorite examples with all the
other ConTeXt users out there.

Here is the url:

http://members.ping.de:8061/

at http://levana.de/context/texshow-web.html you get forwarded to the
whatever is the current location of texshow-web. The current location
will move some day to a place yet unknown.

Patrick
--
I am happy for any suggestions/comments/...

* Re: things I do when I get bored...
@ 2003-10-18 18:17 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-10-18 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 00:34 18/10/2003, you wrote:

>at http://levana.de/context/texshow-web.html you get forwarded to the
>whatever is the current location of texshow-web. The current location
>will move some day to a place yet unknown.

once i have reorganized the web server i can give you an account

Hans

* Re: things I do when I get bored...
@ 2003-10-24 16:33 ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2003-10-24 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> writes:

> But, you can -- if you are brave -- try out the new-on-the-www port of
> texshow, the ConTeXt command browser. As a bonus, comments can be added
> to the commands (as in etexshow), but since you are not alone on the
> www, you can share and enjoy! One day I will add a section for
> examples. You can then share your favorite examples with all the
> other ConTeXt users out there.
>
> Here is the url:
>
> http://members.ping.de:8061/

I am brave.  This looks very nice!

It reminds me of something I've been wondering for a while, though.
Why are certain commands, like startitemize, absent from the list of
texshow commands?

Is there a way to add commands to the web version?

--
--Ed L Cashin            |   PGP public key:
  ecashin@uga.edu        |   http://noserose.net/e/pgp/

* texshow-web
@ 2003-10-24 16:56   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-24 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed L Cashin <ecashin@uga.edu> writes:

> I am brave.  This looks very nice!

Thanks.

> It reminds me of something I've been wondering for a while, though.
> Why are certain commands, like startitemize, absent from the list of
> texshow commands?

because the provided list is not perfect yet. \startitemize is a
generated command from \defineitemgroup. So the command to lookup is
\startitemgroup.

In my opinion there should be a link from \startitemize to
\startitemgroup, because \startitemize is in the core ConTeXt.

\section for example is (iirc) also generated, but listed in texshow.

> Is there a way to add commands to the web version?

Not yet. texshow-web will provide an interface soon.

I am thinking about a textarea on the html pages so you can upload
something like:

  <cd:command name="dosetuppageview">
    <cd:sequence>
      <cd:string value="dosetuppageview"/>
    <cd:/sequence>
    <cd:arguments>
      <cd:keywords>
	<cd:constant type="standard"/>
	<cd:constant type="width"/>
	<cd:constant type="height"/>
	<cd:constant type="unknown"/>
      <cd:/keywords>
    <cd:/arguments>
  <cd:/command>

I'll also provide an relax NG schema for this. (The data I get from
Hans is in the same format.)

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: things I do when I get bored...
@ 2003-10-25 18:12   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-10-25 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

This looks indeed nice and promising, its fast and may be a good solution
for beginners and literates.
Most valuable will be descriptions and examples. I added just the first
example... \translate

Willi

@ 2003-10-25 18:25     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-25 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

> This looks indeed nice and promising, its fast and may be a good
> solution for beginners and literates.
> Most valuable will be descriptions and examples. I added just the
> first example... \translate

Great! I am making backups on a daily base now. Good examples can
make life a bit easier. I feel it frustrating to know that a certain
thing will be the right thing for me but I don't how to use it.

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: things I do when I get bored...
@ 2003-10-19 17:51 ml-context
From: ml-context @ 2003-10-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

>There are still some bugs in the webserver. Once in a while it just
>dies. I keep an eye on it and try to get it stable. Right now it
>should work.

Yes, it\'s great!
It would be nice to have a short description for each command - I know, there is the documentation from Hans - but it would be comfortable to have the description in texshow.

Jörg

* Re: things I do when I get bored...
@ 2003-10-19  9:28 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-19  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Jörg,

> good idea! As a beginner I am very interested in examples.
>
> No suggestions but a hint:
> I tried to open http://members.ping.de:8061/
> but nothing happend. For some minutes the browser successles tried
> to load the page.

There are still some bugs in the webserver. Once in a while it just
dies. I keep an eye on it and try to get it stable. Right now it
should work.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Patrick
--