* Slides and notes
@ 2003-11-02 13:20 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2003-11-02 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm wondering if anybody has already tackled the problem of printing
slides together with notes. Is there any generic mechanism that could be
applied to presentation styles in ConTeXt to achieve this ?

--
Fabrice

* Re: Slides and notes
@ 2003-11-03  5:10 ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-11-03  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr> [Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 02:20:39PM CET]:

> I'm wondering if anybody has already tackled the problem of printing
> slides together with notes. Is there any generic mechanism that could be
> applied to presentation styles in ConTeXt to achieve this ?

I use the modes mechanism (\startmode, \stopmode and friends) and I am
lacking imagination as to want more.

Cheers

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a

* Re: Slides and notes
@ 2003-11-03 12:44   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2003-11-03 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I use the modes mechanism (\startmode, \stopmode and friends) and I am
> lacking imagination as to want more.

Something like :

\startslide

\stopslide

\startnote

\stopnote

together with modes screen and handout that would either generate
only slides or print them like this :

------------------------
| ----------           |
| |        |   notes   |
| |        |   notes   |
| |        |           |
| |        |           |
| ----------           |
|                      |
| ----------           |
| |        |   notes   |
| |        |   notes   |
| |        |           |
| |        |           |
| ----------           |
------------------------

Fabrice

* Re: Slides and notes
@ 2003-11-03 17:36     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-11-03 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 13:44 03/11/2003, you wrote:

> > I use the modes mechanism (\startmode, \stopmode and friends) and I am
> > lacking imagination as to want more.
>
>Something like :
>
>\startslide
>
>\stopslide
>
>\startnote
>
>\stopnote
>
>together with modes screen and handout that would either generate
>only slides or print them like this :
>
>------------------------
>| ----------           |
>| |        |   notes   |
>| |        |   notes   |
>| |        |           |
>| |        |           |
>| ----------           |
>|                      |
>| ----------           |
>| |        |   notes   |
>| |        |   notes   |
>| |        |           |
>| |        |           |
>| ----------           |
>------------------------

you can try the following:

%%%% annotate.tex

% output=pdftex interface=en

% beware, page comments are buffers !

\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]

\setuppapersize[S6][S6]

\starttext

\startbuffer

\input tufte

\startpagecomment
   \input knuth
\stoppagecomment

\page

\input knuth

\startpagecomment
   \input tufte
\stoppagecomment

\page

\input douglas

\startpagecomment
   \input douglas
\stoppagecomment

\page

\input ward

\startpagecomment
   \input ward
\stoppagecomment

\page

\stopbuffer

\setuppagecomment[state=start,location=right]   \getbuffer
\setuppagecomment[state=start,location=bottom]  \getbuffer
\setuppagecomment[state=start,location=left]    \getbuffer
\setuppagecomment[state=start,location=top]     \getbuffer

\stoptext

%%%%% present.tex

\setuppapersize
   [A4][A4] % [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

\setuplayout
   [header=0pt, footer=1cm,
    backspace=1cm, topspace=1cm,
    width=middle, height=middle]

\setupfootertexts
   [presentation\space---\space
    \currentdate\space---\space
    \pagenumber]

\starttext

   \combinepages[annotate][nx=2,ny=3,frame=on]

\stoptext