* Simple problem using texexec to combine pdfs
@ 2003-11-10  9:24 Martin Buchmann
From: Martin Buchmann @ 2003-11-10  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

i am rather new to ConTeXt but i had to try it after i met Hans in a
little workshop about his system in Darmstadt this year. Thanks again
for the insights Hans :-) Now i found out that texexec is also a
pretty nice tool for combining single pdf files into one. So i tried:

texexec --pdfcombine --combination=1*1 --result=felix.pdf *.pdf

to combine all pdfs in the wd to felix.pdf. That's working fine
besides the fact that a footnote is added to each page containing the
file name and the date. That's maybe pretty handy sometimes but not
for me at the moment. I checked the texexec manpages and the manual
but i did not find the right command/switch to do it. May be i'm just
missing some rooky stuff. Could someone help me out here?
BTW: I'm using the latest TeXlive installation on RedHat.

Best regards
   Martin

P.S.: I know that i could change the temporary texexec.tex by hand
and rerun that file. But that's a bit to clumsy for such a
sophisticated system, isn't it?

* Re: Simple problem using texexec to combine pdfs
@ 2003-11-10 12:00 ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2003-11-10 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hello,
>
> i am rather new to ConTeXt but i had to try it after i met Hans in a
> little workshop about his system in Darmstadt this year. Thanks again
> for the insights Hans :-) Now i found out that texexec is also a
> pretty nice tool for combining single pdf files into one. So i tried:
>
> texexec --pdfcombine --combination=1*1 --result=felix.pdf *.pdf
>
> to combine all pdfs in the wd to felix.pdf. That's working fine
> besides the fact that a footnote is added to each page containing the
> file name and the date. That's maybe pretty handy sometimes but not
> for me at the moment. I checked the texexec manpages and the manual
> but i did not find the right command/switch to do it. May be i'm just
> missing some rooky stuff. Could someone help me out here?
> BTW: I'm using the latest TeXlive installation on RedHat.
>
> Best regards
>    Martin
>
> P.S.: I know that i could change the temporary texexec.tex by hand
> and rerun that file. But that's a bit to clumsy for such a
> sophisticated system, isn't it?

Hello,

is it the --nobanner you are after?

Regards, Micke P

* Re: Simple problem using texexec to combine pdfs
@ 2003-11-10 12:18   ` Martin Buchmann
From: Martin Buchmann @ 2003-11-10 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Micke,

>is it the --nobanner you are after?

Yes :-) Thanks a lot!

   Martin

--
You can not win the game, and you are not allowed to stop playing.
		-- The Third Law Of Thermodynamics

* Re: Simple problem using texexec to combine pdfs
@ 2003-11-10 17:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-11-10 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:24 10/11/2003, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>i am rather new to ConTeXt but i had to try it after i met Hans in a
>little workshop about his system in Darmstadt this year. Thanks again for
>the insights Hans :-) Now i found out that texexec is also a pretty nice
>tool for combining single pdf files into one. So i tried:
>
>texexec --pdfcombine --combination=1*1 --result=felix.pdf *.pdf
>
>to combine all pdfs in the wd to felix.pdf. That's working fine besides
>the fact that a footnote is added to each page containing the file name
>and the date. That's maybe pretty handy sometimes but not for me at the
>moment. I checked the texexec manpages and the manual but i did not find
>the right command/switch to do it. May be i'm just missing some rooky
>stuff. Could someone help me out here?
>BTW: I'm using the latest TeXlive installation on RedHat.
>
>Best regards
>   Martin
>
>P.S.: I know that i could change the temporary texexec.tex by hand and
>rerun that file. But that's a bit to clumsy for such a sophisticated
>system, isn't it?

as an alternative use exampler.rb + combine.pdf and you have more control

Hans