* Re: footnote marker
@ 2003-12-07 17:02 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-12-07 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 00:09 07/12/2003, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >while desperately working on footnote markers I found this email from 9
> >months ago.
> >Is there in the meanwhile some news for a kind of "\setupfootnotemarker"?
>
> what exactly do you want to achieve? one can influence footnote markers
> using the conversion key
>
> \setupfootnotes[conversion=set 2]
>
> and alike; one can create his/her own set if needed
>
> Hans

For example I would like to have footnote marker SansSerif.

If I would do it with the conversion key like this...

\setupbodyfont[4pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=45pt]

\definefont [FNfont][Sans at 10.5pt]\def\setfootnotebodyfont{\FNfont\setupinterlinespace[line=13pt]}
\definefont [FNXfont][Serif at 10.5pt]\setupfootnotedefinition[style=\FNXfont]

\defineconversion[HowAboutIt][\ss]
\setupfootnotes[conversion=HowAboutIt,numbercommand=]

\starttext
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\stoptext

... then suddenly the number in front of the footnote text becomes 4pt.
If I do it without conversion...
\setupfootnotes[numbercommand=]
... then the number in front of the footnote text is 19.5 -- as defined in FNfont.

That's why I felt the conversion key is not so reliable in this case.

Steffen

* Re: Re: footnote marker
@ 2003-12-07 21:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-12-07 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>For example I would like to have footnote marker SansSerif.

You're lucky that currently i'm merging in the experimental multiple
footnote and line notes modules (needed by idris cum suis); so adding a few
additional keys was easy:

\starttext

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupfootnotes[textcommand=\high,textstyle=\ss\tx,textcolor=red]

test \footnotetext{test} test test \note\ test

test \footnotetext{test} test test \notesymbol[footnote]\ test

\stoptext

>If I would do it with the conversion key like this...
>
>\setupbodyfont[4pt]
>\setupinterlinespace[line=45pt]
>
>\definefont [FNfont][Sans at
>10.5pt]\def\setfootnotebodyfont{\FNfont\setupinterlinespace[line=13pt]}
>\definefont [FNXfont][Serif at 10.5pt]\setupfootnotedefinition[style=\FNXfont]

btw, you can say: \definefont [FNfont][Sans at 10.5pt][interlinespace=13pt]

>\defineconversion[HowAboutIt][\ss]
>\setupfootnotes[conversion=HowAboutIt,numbercommand=]

hm, this is not what conversion is meant for -) conversion is fed a number
so you end up in a mix up of conversion and font switching and actully luck
that you get something

>... then suddenly the number in front of the footnote text becomes 4pt.
>If I do it without conversion...
>\setupfootnotes[numbercommand=]
>... then the number in front of the footnote text is 19.5 -- as defined in
>FNfont.
>
>That's why I felt the conversion key is not so reliable in this case.

a good observation -)

Hans