* Re: cont-doc module
       [not found] <5.1.0.14.1.20021009162947.02178ad0@server-1>
@ 2003-12-15 17:15 ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2003-12-15 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On woensdag, okt 9, 2002, at 16:30 Europe/Amsterdam, Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 03:54 PM 10/9/2002 +0200, Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> Waar vind ik het bestand cont-doc.zip?
>> Volgens MAPS 24 p.88 heb ik dat nodig om met texexec --module de
>> documentatie te kunnen zitten.
>> Ik kan deze module niet vinden in de context download en ook niet op
>> de pragma site.
>
> these files are now in theregular distribution, so
>
>   texexec --modu --pdf somedoc.tex
>
> should work

Well, I now type "texexec --modu --pdf font-ini.tex"  (one of the files
in the ConTeXt distribution)
and this results in an execution that has to be finished with
Control-D, the pdf produced puts Adobe Acrobate into an infinite loop.
How can I produce the documentation if the recipe given does not seem
to work (anymore).

The above call gives the following output (the last series of lines
only):

> kleur          : kleur wordt vertaald in grijs
> interactie     : actief
> )
> systems        : begin file texexec at line 4
> (./font-ini.ted
> systems        : randomizer starts with 1268411200
> This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.4.5)
> (texexec-mpgraph.mp [1]
> metafun 2003-12-13 21:38
>  )
> 1 output file written: texexec-mpgraph.1
> Transcript written on texexec-mpgraph.log.
> [MP to PDF] (./texexec-mpgraph.1)
> interactie     : pdftex code tussengevoegd
> [1.1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/dvips/config/pdftex.map}{/
> Users/hans/Li
> brary/texmf/pdftex/config/texnansi-yandy-lucida.map}{/Users/hans/
> Library/texmf/
> pdftex/config/texnansi-yandy-mathtime.map}{/Users/hans/Library/texmf/
> pdftex/con
> fig/texnansi-adobe-courier.map}{/Users/hans/Library/texmf/pdftex/
> config/texnans
> i-adobe-helvetic.map}{/Users/hans/Library/texmf/pdftex/config/
> texnansi-adobe-pa
> latino.map}{/Users/hans/Library/texmf/pdftex/config/texnansi-adobe-
> times.map}{/
> Users/hans/Library/texmf/pdftex/config/texnansi-adobe-utopia.map}{/
> Users/hans/L
> ibrary/texmf/pdftex/config/texnansi-urw-courier.map}{/Users/hans/
> Library/texmf/
> pdftex/config/texnansi-urw-helvetic.map}{/Users/hans/Library/texmf/
> pdftex/confi
> g/texnansi-urw-palatino.map}{/Users/hans/Library/texmf/pdftex/config/
> texnansi-u
> rw-times.map}]
> ! Argument of \next1 has an extra }.
> <inserted text>
>                 \par
> <to be read again>
>                    }
> \expanded ...long \xdef \@@expanded {\noexpand #1}
>                                                   \@@expanded
> \executepagebreakhandlers ...cesscommacommand [#1]
>
> \executepagebreakhandler
> \dopagebreak ...tes \executepagebreakhandlers {#1}
>                                                   \else \flushnotes
> \execute...
>
> \processnextcommalist ...doprocesscommaitem #4#5,]
>                                                   \relax \global
> \advance \c...
> l.12 ...yright={PRAGMA / Hans Hagen \& Ton Otten}]

Someone knows what is the problem here? Thanks in advance.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: Re: cont-doc module
@ 2003-12-16 15:48   ` Gary Pajer
From: Gary Pajer @ 2003-12-16 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >> Ik kan deze module niet vinden in de context download en ook niet op
> >> de pragma site.
> >
> > these files are now in theregular distribution, so
> >
> >   texexec --modu --pdf somedoc.tex
> >
> > should work
> >

> Well, I now type "texexec --modu --pdf font-ini.tex"  (one of the files
> in the ConTeXt distribution)

[...]

> > ! Argument of \next1 has an extra }.
> > <inserted text>
> >                 \par
> > <to be read again>
[...]
> > l.12 ...yright={PRAGMA / Hans Hagen \& Ton Otten}]

Ditto here, regardless of what file I try to process.
Question: Generally do source files contain documentation that goes beyond
(or is more up to date) than the manual?

-gary

* Re: Re: cont-doc module
@ 2003-12-17 21:04   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-12-17 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 18:15 15/12/2003, you wrote:

>Well, I now type "texexec --modu --pdf font-ini.tex"  (one of the files
>in the ConTeXt distribution)
>and this results in an execution that has to be finished with
>Control-D, the pdf produced puts Adobe Acrobate into an infinite loop.
>How can I produce the documentation if the recipe given does not seem
>to work (anymore).

hm, there is some english interface specific command in there but that not
what goes wrong at yoru site, dunno,

i'll send you a doc file (pdf)

Hans

* Re: Re: cont-doc module
@ 2003-12-17 21:08     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-12-17 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 16:48 16/12/2003, you wrote:

>Ditto here, regardless of what file I try to process.
>Question: Generally do source files contain documentation that goes beyond
>(or is more up to date) than the manual?

no, but i sometimes mix up interfaces (seldom run documentation -)

so just let me know where thinsg go wrong and i'll fix 'm

Hans