* Re: endnotes: ! Dimension too large. ?? (another problem)
@ 2004-01-11 13:37 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-01-11 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

A big problem is that the \MyNote notes seem to be not "brakeable"

If such a note is half a page long and all the notes are set at the end of the text
it happens quite often that there is half a page empty (because the next note is too long).

Do you also have a clue for this?

Thank you,

Steffen

@ 2004-01-13 12:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-01-13 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:37 11/01/2004, you wrote:
>A big problem is that the \MyNote notes seem to be not "brakeable"
>
>If such a note is half a page long and all the notes are set at the end of
>the text
>it happens quite often that there is half a page empty (because the next
>note is too long).
>
>Do you also have a clue for this?

\definelist[MyNoteList]

\def\MyNoteList#1#2#3{#1\quad#2\endgraf}

\setuplist
   [MyNoteList]
   [criterium=text,
    alternative=command,
    command=\MyNoteList]

\newcounter\MyNotes

\long\def\MyNote#1%
   {\ifhmode\unskip\fi
    \doglobal\increment\MyNotes\relax
    \high{\MyNotes}%
    \expanded{\writetolist[MyNoteList]{\MyNotes}}{#1}}

\starttext

\dorecurse{10}{test \MyNote{Whow, another note \input tufte }\endgraf}

@ 2004-01-15 15:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-01-15 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 13:27 15/01/2004, you wrote:
>Ah OK.
>
>But as far as I see the "command=" overwrites other possible settings like
>margin etc.
>
>Do I have to include these descriptions in \MyNoteList in a more TeX way?
>
>For example:
>How do I set the notes with size 10pt, interlinespace 11pt, a margin 2cm
>and after space \blank?
>

>Maybe you could give me an example for the code needed here?

you can feed it into a description, like:

   \definedescription[WhatANote]

and then use

   \startWhatANote{#1}#2\stopWhatANote

in the macro.

You can configure the description like footnotes (actuall a fn is a
description)

Hans

* Re: endnotes: ! Dimension too large. ?? (another  problem)
@ 2004-01-15 12:27 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2004-01-15 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)