* Texutil
@ 2004-01-11 16:00 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-01-11 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

I am trying to convert a couple of  EPS pictures into PDF files. Viewing
those figures in gostview shows their content on screen as expected.
Unfortunately the conversion with texutil  results in some of the files
in a rotation of 90 degrees.
I tried to tweak texutil.pl with adding a line to the   $GSCommandLine
  $GSCommandLine = "-q " .
       "-dAutoRotatePages=/None " .
I also tried to put there
       "-dPDFSETTINGS=/printer " .
But the figures remain rotated. - Do you have a clue how to prevent this?

If you edit texutil.pl would you then have also look at the code line 2079:
    Report ( "PdfFile", "$FileName".".pdf" ) ;
instead of
    Report ( "PdfFile", "$SuppliedFileName" ) ;

Kind regards Willi

* Re: Texutil
@ 2004-01-13 13:38 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-01-13 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 17:00 11/01/2004, Willi Egger wrote:
>Dear Hans,
>
>I am trying to convert a couple of  EPS pictures into PDF files. Viewing
>those figures in gostview shows their content on screen as expected.
>Unfortunately the conversion with texutil  results in some of the files in
>a rotation of 90 degrees.
>I tried to tweak texutil.pl with adding a line to the   $GSCommandLine
>  $GSCommandLine = "-q " .
>       "-dAutoRotatePages=/None " .
>I also tried to put there
>       "-dPDFSETTINGS=/printer " .
>But the figures remain rotated. - Do you have a clue how to prevent this?
>
>If you edit texutil.pl would you then have also look at the code line 2079:
>    Report ( "PdfFile", "$FileName".".pdf" ) ;
>instead of
>    Report ( "PdfFile", "$SuppliedFileName" ) ;

use the pstopdf ruby script instead, it does a cleanup of eps code as well
(see manuals)

Hans

* texutil
@ 1998-08-12 14:33 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1998-08-12 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

When calling the texutil.pl instead of the texutil.exe is there a
difference in the way parameters must be given?

This morning I got my PERL5 working under DOS (I had only used it under
OS/2 so far) and I tried the texutil.pl without error but also without
result:

perl5 f:\context\texutil.pl dekunst /references

( perl5 = the executable
  f:\context\texutil.pl = the texutil perl sript
  dekunst = is dekunst.tex = the file being compiled
  /references = the parameter that worked with texutil.exe )

it seems this doesn't create the table of contents like the texutil.exe
used to do.

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | bbs: +31 (0)26 3217041
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is

* texutil