* Re: how to get an image format flowchart
@ 2004-01-21 12:09 ` George N. White III
From: George N. White III @ 2004-01-21 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, wei jm wrote:

> Hello,everybody,
>
>      I have a problem while using context to create some flowcharts. The
> beginning of my tex source file looks like:
>
>      \setupoutput[pdftex]
>      \usemodule[chart]
>
>      Naturally I got a flowchart in pdf version. But a pdf version
> flowchart is not suitable for inserting into a paper or a report. Then I
> try to use software to convert it from pdf format into some other imgage
> formats. But none of them was satisfied.  I wonder how can I direct get
> a flowchart in some imgage formats (e.g. in png, jpg format) from the
> source tex file. Are there some tricks in the settings of the tex source
> file?

Pdf _IS_ suitable for inserting into a paper or a report.  What makes you
think otherwise?  Jpeg is not suitable for figures with contrasting edges,
and png (because it doesn't scale) is a poor choice for figures that
consist of lines and text.

There are many good tools to do the conversions you mention, starting
with a pdf file.  It is easy to find these tools on the internet and
they are discussed in books such as "The LaTeX Graphics Companion".

--
George N. White III  <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>
  Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada

* Re: how to get an image format flowchart
@ 2004-01-21 13:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-01-21 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 15:02 21/01/2004, you wrote:
>Hello,everybody,
>
>      I have a problem while using context to create some flowcharts. The
> beginning of
>my tex source file looks like:
>
>      \setupoutput[pdftex]
>      \usemodule[chart]
>
>      Naturally I got a flowchart in pdf version. But a pdf version
> flowchart is
>not suitable for inserting into a paper or a report. Then I try to use
>software to convert it from pdf format into some other imgage formats. But
>none of them was satisfied.
>I wonder how can I direct get a flowchart in some imgage formats (e.g. in
>png, jpg format) from the source tex file. Are there some
>tricks in the settings of the tex source file?

you can try ghostscript:

   d:\gs\gs8.00\bin\gswin32c.exe -r1200x1200 -q -sDEVICE=png16 -dNOPAUSE
-dBATCH -sOutputFile=result.png result.pdf

   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

system dependent

Hans

* how to get an image format flowchart
@ 2004-01-21 14:02 wei jm
From: wei jm @ 2004-01-21 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,everybody,

     I have a problem while using context to create some flowcharts. The beginning of
my tex source file looks like:

     \setupoutput[pdftex]
     \usemodule[chart]

     Naturally I got a flowchart in pdf version. But a pdf version flowchart is
not suitable for inserting into a paper or a report. Then I try to use software to convert it from pdf format into some other imgage formats. But none of them was satisfied.
I wonder how can I direct get a flowchart in some imgage formats (e.g. in png, jpg format) from the source tex file. Are there some
tricks in the settings of the tex source file?

   Thanks in advance!

   Best regards

        wei jm
        wei@uni-duisburg.de