* XY arrangement
@ 2004-02-11 19:27 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-02-11 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I should print on a sheet of etiquettes made by Avery. The topspace as
the bottomspace is 15 mm the left and right non printable area is 7 mm.
On the rest of the printing area there are 21 etiquettes with a
horizontal distance of 3mm. There is no vertical gap in the columns of
etiquettes.

I setup the XY arrangement. The etiquettes look o.k. The problem is,
that Context ignores the topspace and backspace as setup in \setuppaper.

For your reference I add a minimal example.

Could you please have a look why the mentioned parameters are ignored?

Thanks, kind regards
Willi

[-- Attachment #2: productlabel.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1116 bytes --]

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\usetypescript[modern][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[modern,ss,10pt]

\setupcolors[state=start]

%Avery etiket 38.1 x 63.5 mm topspace 15 mm,
% bottomspace = 15 mm, margin 7 mm both sides,
% 21 etikettes per sheet

\definepapersize[Etiket][height=38.1mm,width=63.5mm]
\setuppapersize [Etiket][A4,portrait]
\setuppaper
    [topspace=15mm,
    backspace=7mm,
% 	cutspace=7mm,
    dx=3mm,
    dy=0mm,
    nx=3,
    ny=7,
    margin=7mm,
    width=196mm,
    height=267mm]
\setuplayout
    [topspace=4mm,
    backspace=4mm,
    margin=0mm,
    width=55.5mm,
    height=30mm,
    header=0mm,
    footer=0mm]
\setuparranging[XY]
\definelayer[Etiket][width=\textwidth, height=\textheight]
\setupframedtexts[frame=off,width=\textwidth,align=middle]

\startbuffer[Logoinhalt]
	Place of logo
\stopbuffer

\showframe

\starttext
\dorecurse{21}{%
    \setlayer
       [Etiket]
       [preset=righttop,location={left,bottom}]
       {\bfb Productname}
	\setlayer
      [Etiket]
      [preset=leftbottom,location={right,top}]
      {\switchtobodyfont[7pt]\getbuffer[Logoinhalt]}
    \placelayer[Etiket]}
\stoptext

* Re: XY arrangement
@ 2004-02-23  1:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-02-23  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 20:27 11/02/2004, you wrote:

>I setup the XY arrangement. The etiquettes look o.k. The problem is, that
>Context ignores the topspace and backspace as setup in \setuppaper.

ha, you looked into the source, well, see end of page-imp for a special
paper size XY where these are used.

% \setuppapersize [XY][A4]
% \setuppaper     [topspace=5mm,backspace=5mm,dx=1mm,dy=1mm,nx=2,ny=6]
% \setuplayout    [page] [topspace=5mm,backspace=5mm]
% \setuplayout    [page]
% \setuplayout    [location=middle]
% \setuparranging [XY]
% \showframe
%
% \starttext \dorecurse{30}{test \recurselevel \page} \stoptext

in your case: just don't set the width and height because they are
calculated automatically; f you want topskip etc i need to implement that

of course you can add the offsets to the layout:

%     width=196mm,
]%     height=267mm]
\setuplayout
    [topspace=19mm,