* multi media
@ 2004-02-23 12:49 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-02-23 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

If you have acrobat 6 installed, you can try:

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/itdemos/internal/media/mediashow.pdf

This file accesses

- a movie
- a flash
- a smil
- a mpeg

however,

- the smil does not work on a distance (probably bug in acrobat, resources
are not picked up)
- the smil does not work stand alone on a mac
- the shockwave does not work on a mac (which associates the suffix/mime to
quicktime)

on windows, things seem to work ok in standalone as well as when served on
localhost with url's;
on macosx, a full screen startup looks rather strange (not centered, funny
top bar)

you can download

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/itdemos/internal/media/mediashow.zip

to test it locally (8 meg file). If you're on linux or mac, try this on a
xp machine.

The files has

- roll over buttons (not that new, was already present)
- navigational layers (also not new, already present as well)
- multimedia support

The next release will support multimedia (a bit more than shown here). I
have a separate demo file for that (still pondering how to distribute it).
I'll see if I can write a My Way this week.

Beware: multimedia support combined with other features is not always that
stable in acrobat (apart from some bugs).

Given that you have an xml file describing you media,

   texexec --use=med-show --pdf thatfile.xml

will do the trick (in my version -)

This is a first step towards a multimedia server/client based on pdf. So,
if an able mac user is willing to write an xslt script for converting those
itunes export files into a reslib format ... (now patrick is supposed to
say: yes -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE/POD/CTS

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-02-23 12:49 UTC | newest]