* Page-breakable framed text
@ 2004-02-25 15:41 Mike Aizatsky
From: Mike Aizatsky @ 2004-02-25 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Is there a way to produce a page-breakable framed
text?  I've already spent several hours on this and
still can't find the solution. Or, may be there's a
better way to achieve the effect, shown in the sample?

Sample:

% interface=en output=pdftex

\defineframedtext[procedure][frame=off, leftframe=on,
rulethickness=.4mm]

\def\StartProcedure{\startnarrower[2*left]
\startprocedure \startitemize[n]}
\def\StopProcedure{\stopitemize \stopprocedure
\stopnarrower}

\def\Step{\item}

\starttext

\dorecurse{20}{Some Text. Some Text. Some Text. }

\StartProcedure
\dorecurse{10}{
\Step\dorecurse{20}{Some Text.}
}
\StopProcedure

\dorecurse{20}{Some Text. Some Text. Some Text. }

\stoptext

=====

				MA

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

* Re: Page-breakable framed text
@ 2004-02-26 14:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-02-26 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 16:41 25/02/2004, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Is there a way to produce a page-breakable framed
>text?  I've already spent several hours on this and
>still can't find the solution. Or, may be there's a
>better way to achieve the effect, shown in the sample?

see details.pdf: (nested) backgrounds that can be whatever graphic you want

Hans

* Re[2]: Page-breakable framed text
@ 2004-02-26 14:22   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-02-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, February 26, 2004 Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 16:41 25/02/2004, you wrote:
>>Hi!
>>
>>Is there a way to produce a page-breakable framed
>>text?  I've already spent several hours on this and
>>still can't find the solution. Or, may be there's a
>>better way to achieve the effect, shown in the sample?

> see details.pdf: (nested) backgrounds that can be whatever graphic you want

But watch out, they gobble footnotes ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: Page-breakable framed text
@ 2004-02-26 15:06     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-02-26 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 15:22 26/02/2004, you wrote:

>But watch out, they gobble footnotes ...

hm, i seldom use them, so i didn't notice, so i need to implement forbidden
areas ... since you didn't mention it before i assume that it has a low
priority -)

Hans

* Re[3]: Page-breakable framed text
@ 2004-02-27  0:47       ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-02-27  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, February 26, 2004 Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 15:22 26/02/2004, you wrote:

>>But watch out, they gobble footnotes ...

> hm, i seldom use them, so i didn't notice, so i need to implement forbidden
> areas ... since you didn't mention it before i assume that it has a low
> priority -)

I didn't mention it before because it was only recently
discovered by a poster on it.comp.software.tex; I'm not sure if
it happens always or only when the background doesn't span
pages.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta