* Help a newbie with the Context/tex.iso setup
@ 2004-03-27  8:51 Vivek Sharma
From: Vivek Sharma @ 2004-03-27  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans wrote....
http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/tex.iso.bz2
ISO which runs context + everything from cd, for the mom...
perl/ruby
I tried the above download and extracted the iso files into a
folder on a win xp machine. running cscite.bat opens the scite editor
and running ctrl-F12 opens adobe acrobat but then stops. I append the
output in exampler window and the buffer below. How can I get it
running? Have anyof you guys got the ISO image working on a CD in winXP
professional? Please help this newbie start on using context.

regards
Vivek

Output of exampler
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
exampler + program exampler
exampler + version 1.0
exampler + author PRAGMA POD
exampler + commandline "--continue"
exampler + using environment setuppath
c:/cygwin/contextiso/usr/local/context/
tex/texmf-local/context/ruby
exampler + loading
c:/cygwin/contextiso/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-local/cont
ext/ruby/../examplap/scripts/example.exa
exampler - sub environment file machine.exa not found
exampler + !! presetting texroot to the root of current texmf tree !!
exampler + !! checking if texroot is set to a valid path !!
exampler + !! setting texmf variables based on texroot !!
exampler - sub environment file paths.exa not found
exampler - sub environment file local.exa not found
exampler + gone to jobpath
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\texmf-var/exampl
ap/jobs
exampler + jobpath
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\texmf-var/examplap/jobs
exampler + resultpath
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\texmf-var/examplap/re
sults
exampler + server started on 127.0.0.1:8061
exampler + listening at 127.0.0.1:8061 in loop mode
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Output of the scite buffer
%%%%%%%%%%
texexec --autopdf --pdf readme.tex

TeXExec 4.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2003

executable : pdfetex
format : cont-en
inputfile : readme
output : pdftex
interface : en
current mode : none
TeX run : 1

pdfetex: unrecognized option `--alias=context'
Try `pdfetex --help' for more information.

return code : 256
run time : 0 seconds

total run time : 3 seconds
Exit code: 1