* French, ? : ; !, and spacing, \setuppapersize problem
@ 2004-05-14  8:22 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2004-05-14  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

(Passing on a question.) Is there a simple methode to automatically add
a thinspace before "?", "!", ":" and ";" as it is done commonly in
French? This would make typing easier and would allow to change a
thinspace into a normal space etc.

In addition, I have the following problem. I downloaded the latest (?)
ConTeXt - 2004.4.9 -, installed it in my $HOMETEXMF tree, added two
symlinks to make it work with an old TDS tree texmf.cnf configuration,
run texhash and fmtutil. TeX works rather nicely, except \setuppagersize.

Using \setuppapersize[a5][a4] or a5 a5 I get always one A4 page on a A4
sheet of paper. Using [a5][a4,landscape] I get a A4 paper on a sheet of
paper which is as wide and high as the height of an A4 paper.
Can anyone reproduce this? Or is this due to my configuration
(e.g. a file present in the system TEXMF tree which is not in $HOMETEXMF
and gets included)?

Regards,

Tobias

* Re: French, ? : ; !, and spacing, \setuppapersize problem
@ 2004-05-14  8:33 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-05-14  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Tobias,

> In addition, I have the following problem. I downloaded the latest (?)
> ConTeXt - 2004.4.9 -, installed it in my $HOMETEXMF tree, added two

That is the one I have here.

> Using \setuppapersize[a5][a4] or a5 a5 I get always one A4 page on a
> A4 sheet of paper.

Use Captial paper sizes (A5 A4) and everything is fine.

Patrick

* Re: French, ? : ; !, and spacing, \setuppapersize problem
@ 2004-05-14 10:10 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-05-14 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:22 14/05/2004, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>(Passing on a question.) Is there a simple methode to automatically add
>a thinspace before "?", "!", ":" and ";" as it is done commonly in
>French? This would make typing easier and would allow to change a
>thinspace into a normal space etc.

\useencoding[ffr]

\starttext

\fr test: test

\de test: test

\stoptext

* Re: French, ? : ; !, and spacing,  \setuppapersize problem
@ 2004-05-14 17:25   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2004-05-14 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >(Passing on a question.) Is there a simple methode to automatically add
> >a thinspace before "?", "!", ":" and ";" as it is done commonly in
> >French? This would make typing easier and would allow to change a
> >thinspace into a normal space etc.
>
> \useencoding[ffr]
>
> \starttext
>
> \fr test: test
>
> \de test: test
>
> \stoptext

Hello,
thanks for this "ffr"-mode. I took a look into m-tryout.tex and
enco-ffr.tex, but unfortunately I didn't find out where to trigger a
thinspace instead of a full space before the colon.
Could you help please?  (ConTeXt version is 2004.3.16)
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/
FilmSearch engine with a lot of new features: http://f-s.sf.net/

* Re: French, ? : ; !, and spacing, \setuppapersize problem
@ 2004-05-14 19:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-05-14 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 19:25 14/05/2004, Peter Münster wrote:
>On Fri, 14 May 2004, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > >(Passing on a question.) Is there a simple methode to automatically add
> > >a thinspace before "?", "!", ":" and ";" as it is done commonly in
> > >French? This would make typing easier and would allow to change a
> > >thinspace into a normal space etc.
> >
> > \useencoding[ffr]
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > \fr test: test
> >
> > \de test: test
> >
> > \stoptext
>
>Hello,
>thanks for this "ffr"-mode. I took a look into m-tryout.tex and
>enco-ffr.tex, but unfortunately I didn't find out where to trigger a
>thinspace instead of a full space before the colon.
>Could you help please?  (ConTeXt version is 2004.3.16)
>Cheers, Peter

deeply burried functionality:

\definehspace[fr][:][.25em]
\definehspace[fr][;][.25em]