* Boldmath Lucida
@ 2004-08-26 13:08 Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2004-08-26 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

When writing a mathematical text I encountered a few problems with bold
symbols.
Under the line you will find three problems (dutch interface).
Are they due to my insufficient knowledge of installing fonts?
Thanks for any comment.

Sytse Knypstra

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif]       [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]        [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]        [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math,bfmath] [lucida] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\stelformulesin [methode=vet]
\gebruiktypescript [lucida] [texnansi]
\switchtotypeface  [lucida] [12pt]
\switchnaarkorps[mainface]
\usemathcollection[lbr]
\stelkorpsin[mainface]

\starttekst

Problem 1:

${\bfmath x}$   gives boldface standard  x.

${\bfmath x}{\bfm }$  gives boldface italic $x$ which is what I want.

${\bfmath \Gamma}$  gives a space;

only ${\bfmath \Gamma}{\bfm }$  gives the boldface italic $\Gamma$ that I want.

Problem 2:

${{\bfm \beta}}$  gives a wrong glyph (in fact the ligature 'fi').

Problem 3:

After $\bfm \beta$ the text is no longer  printed in the same Lucida Bright
style as before.

\stoptekst

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-26 13:08 UTC | newest]