* audio files in pdf
@ 2006-02-10 13:34 andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-02-10 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

In the next weeks I will make some presentations in which I will use
audio examples.
More my course on audio will start soon.
Obviously, I want to use context. How can I link to audio files?

I tried once but wasn't able to get any result.
Could anyone post a little code snippet to exemplify?

(Or maybe send me a link to existing resources)

Thanks a lot as usual

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: audio files in pdf
@ 2006-02-10 14:25 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2006-02-10 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/10/06, andrea valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In the next weeks I will make some presentations in which I will use
> audio examples.
An example.
(it come from Hans, so it's not mine, but I love it)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   color=]

\setupcolors
  [state=start]

\startJSpreamble speech used now
    function SpeakToMe(str) {
        tts.qText(str) ;
        tts.talk() ;
    }
\stopJSpreamble

\starttext

\startsetups[text]
    For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals.
    Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination.
    We learned to talk.
\stopsetups

\startbuffer[text]
    For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals.
    Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination.
    We learned to talk.
\stopbuffer

% Steve Hawkins Division Bell Pink Floyd

\startTEXpage

    \button
      [width=fit,height=fit,align=middle,offset=1em,
       frame=off,foregroundcolor=middleblue,
       background=color,backgroundcolor=middleyellow]
      {\nohyphens \getbuffer[text]}
      [JS(SpeakToMe{{\directsetup{text}}}]

\stopTEXpage

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%5

* Re: audio files in pdf
@ 2006-02-10 15:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-10 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In the next weeks I will make some presentations in which I will use
> audio examples.
> More my course on audio will start soon.
> Obviously, I want to use context. How can I link to audio files?
>
> I tried once but wasn't able to get any result.
> Could anyone post a little code snippet to exemplify?
>
> (Or maybe send me a link to existing resources)
>
> Thanks a lot as usual

\externalfigure[whatever.mov]
\externalfigure[whatever.wav]

or mp3's:

\useexternalrendering
  [stepsound]
  [audio/mpeg]
  [stepsound.mp3]
  []

\definereference [StartSoundTrack] [StartRendering{stepsound}]
\definereference [StopSoundTrack]  [StopRendering{stepsound}]

\goto{use ear protection}[StartSoundTrack]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: audio files in pdf
@ 2006-02-13 13:56   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-02-13 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans,
I had this:

\starttext
Test
\externalfigure[1-01-bell.wav]

\stoptext

Is it enough? What should the output be?

I obtain in place of externalfigure the grey-"trouble-here"-square with
name:dummy file:1-01-bell.wav state:unknown.

Thanks

-a-

@ 2006-02-13 19:29     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-13 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> Thanks Hans,
> I had this:
>

> \starttext
> Test
> \externalfigure[1-01-bell.wav]
>
> \stoptext
>
> Is it enough? What should the output be?

hm, wrong command,
> I obtain in place of externalfigure the grey-"trouble-here"-square with
> name:dummy file:1-01-bell.wav state:unknown.

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\useexternalsoundtrack [slam] [doorslam.wav]

\goto{whatever}[StartSound{slam}]

\stoptext

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: audio files in pdf
@ 2006-02-13 22:50       ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-02-13 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahah! Chic.
Thanks Hans.

(
> hm, wrong command,

Just for my curiosity: what do you mean? I supposed to use the command
you wrote me. Have I missed something or was it a bug?

Thanks
)

-a-

* Re: audio files in pdf
@ 2006-02-13 23:44         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-13 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> Ahah! Chic.
> Thanks Hans.
>
> (
>
>> hm, wrong command,
>>

> Just for my curiosity: what do you mean? I supposed to use the command
> you wrote me. Have I missed something or was it a bug?

No bug, contrary to a movie or avi file a wav file is just a resource, so it has its own command. I mixed things up when suggesting a solution.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: audio files in pdf