From: "Mehdi Omidali" <mehdioa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Passing unicode characters
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:44:30 +0330	[thread overview]

Dear Idris,
سلام
I tested your file. What I mean is more than that. In your file if I
write 1 then it is printed as one. But I mean something like
conversion command. For example look at the output of your file. The
page number is 1. But what I mean is that engine prints every 1 as one
for example. Let me explain in a different way. I declare
\setupsection [chapter][conversion=persiannumerals]
and the engine puts persiandecimalseparator character "E8C8" between
chapter numbers and section numbers. I am not satisfied with this
character and like the separator character to be a period "002E". In
XeTeX one of the font features is to assign the value of "E8C8" to
"002E". Then the engine automatically prints "002E" whenever it has to
print "E8C8" (except in math mode for which there is a \XeTeXmathcode
command).
Best wishes