* Changing sections, formula,... numbering order
@ 2008-08-20 14:19 Mehdi Omidali
From: Mehdi Omidali @ 2008-08-20 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,
I want to use context+xetex for right-to-left typesetting and need to
know if it is possible to use the command \pagedir TRT in this
situation. (I tested that apparently only \pardir TRT is active).
If the answer of the above question is negative I would like to know
how can I change numbering direction of sections, formulas, etc.
Thanks

* Re: Changing sections, formula,... numbering order
@ 2008-08-22 21:31 ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2008-08-22 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 05:49:31PM +0330, Mehdi Omidali wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I want to use context+xetex for right-to-left typesetting and need to
> know if it is possible to use the command \pagedir TRT in this
> situation. (I tested that apparently only \pardir TRT is active).
> If the answer of the above question is negative I would like to know
> how can I change numbering direction of sections, formulas, etc.
> Thanks

\pardir \textdir etc. are LuaTeX specific, it seems that CpnTeXt
emulates \textdir TRT for XeTeX/e-TeX, dunno how to set par direction to
RTL in XeTeX though, may be ConTeXt should emulate \pardir as well or
may be there is some way to do this that I'm not aware of.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team

* Re: Changing sections, formula,... numbering order
@ 2008-08-22 22:17   ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2008-08-22 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 12:31:38AM +0300, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 05:49:31PM +0330, Mehdi Omidali wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I want to use context+xetex for right-to-left typesetting and need to
> > know if it is possible to use the command \pagedir TRT in this
> > situation. (I tested that apparently only \pardir TRT is active).
> > If the answer of the above question is negative I would like to know
> > how can I change numbering direction of sections, formulas, etc.
> > Thanks
>
> \pardir \textdir etc. are LuaTeX specific, it seems that CpnTeXt
> emulates \textdir TRT for XeTeX/e-TeX, dunno how to set par direction to
> RTL in XeTeX though, may be ConTeXt should emulate \pardir as well or
> may be there is some way to do this that I'm not aware of.

Sorry I got confused, \pardir is what we have, actually you don't need
\textdir with XeTeX since it will render individual Arabic words from
right to left correctly and automatically.

Regards,
 Khaled

--

@ 2008-08-23 10:53     ` Mehdi Omidali
From: Mehdi Omidali @ 2008-08-23 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Khaled.
As you said we don't need \textdir in Xetex and I can use \pardir TRT
in this situation. I thought that maybe there is a simple setup for
sectioning number in context that I am not aware of. Any way, I have
translated "The not so short introduction to latex" to farsi and also
I am translating "Context an excursion" (due to a number of problems,
somebody told me to use context+xetex for this purpose but now it
seems that I have to complete the translation with luatex) and as you
probably know luatex has a problem with \placeformula in TRT mode (I
don't know if this problem has been resolved).
Thank again.