* Item description in bold
@ 2011-03-01 14:47 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-01 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have something like:
\startitemize
\item Description one

Some text belonging to this description.

\item Description two

Some text belonging to this description.

\item Description three

Some text belonging to this description.

\stopitemize

I would like to have 'Description one', 'Description two' and 'Description
three' in bold and the rest of the text not. Is this possible?

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Item description in bold
@ 2011-03-01 15:02 ` Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2011-03-01 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Cecil,

I think here is what you are looking for:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Description
There it is explained how to define descriptions. In

\definedescription[descr][
   headstyle=bold,style=normal,align=left,location=hanging,
   width=broad,margin=1cm]

the option "headstyle=bold" does the magic.

Besides, you could also just use "{\bf Description one}", I think.

HTH,
Stefan

On 01.03.2011 15:47, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I have something like:
> \startitemize
> \item Description one
>
> Some text belonging to this description.
>
> \item Description two
>
> Some text belonging to this description.
>
> \item Description three
>
> Some text belonging to this description.
>
> \stopitemize
>
> I would like to have 'Description one', 'Description two' and
> 'Description three' in bold and the rest of the text not. Is this possible?
>
> --
> Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Item description in bold
@ 2011-03-01 15:02 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-03-01 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> I have something like:
> \startitemize
> \item Description one
>
> Some text belonging to this description.
>
> \item Description two
>
> Some text belonging to this description.
>
> \item Description three
>
> Some text belonging to this description.
>
> \stopitemize
>
> I would like to have 'Description one', 'Description two' and 'Description
> three' in bold and the rest of the text not. Is this possible?

\startitemize
\head Description one

Some text belonging to this description
\stopitemize

\head is delimited by \par, so be careful with something like this:

\startitemize
\head One
\head Two

Something about two
\stopitemize

which will lead to an error.

You can control the style by headstyle=... and headcolor=... keys.

Aditya

* Re: Item description in bold
@ 2011-03-01 15:14   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-01 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/1 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>
>  I have something like:
>> \startitemize
>> \item Description one
>>
>> Some text belonging to this description.
>>
>> \item Description two
>>
>> Some text belonging to this description.
>>
>> \item Description three
>>
>> Some text belonging to this description.
>>
>> \stopitemize
>>
>> I would like to have 'Description one', 'Description two' and 'Description
>> three' in bold and the rest of the text not. Is this possible?
>>

> \startitemize
> \head Description one

I already tried this, but it did not work.

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Item description in bold
@ 2011-03-01 15:19     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-03-01 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/01/2011 04:14 PM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

>     \startitemize
>     \head Description one
>

> I already tried this, but it did not work.

You also need the

   \setupitemize[each][headstyle=bold]

setup from the other answer.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Item description in bold
@ 2011-03-01 15:32   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-01 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.03.2011 um 16:02 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> \head is delimited by \par, so be careful with something like this:

\starthead … \par … \stophead

Wolfgang