* French letter style and date
@ 2013-06-20 18:50 Jean-Philippe Rey
From: Jean-Philippe Rey @ 2013-06-20 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

I can't manage to get the date on a french letter style. I am using

 ConTeXt  ver: 2013.04.07 01:04 MKIV beta  fmt: 2013.4.7  int: english/english

I also tried some older versions and with

 ConTeXt  ver: 2011.05.18 18:04 MKIV  fmt: 2011.7.31  int: english/english

I get a date printed above the destination address. I also get a date with other styles. Did anything change in the letter module between this two versions?

Does anyone know how to get the date with the new version?

Here is my test file.

\usemodule[letter]
\useletterstyle[french]

\setupletter[
    date={20 juin 2013},
    toname={Jane Doe},
    toaddress={24 rue des acacias\\63265 Trifoullis les Oies},
    signature={John Doe},
    opening={Mademoiselle,},
    closing={Je vous prie de recevoir, Mademoiselle, mes meilleures salutations.}
    ]

\setupletterlayer[reference][list={date}]

\startletter

\input knuth

\stopletter

Thank you for your help.

--
Jean-Philippe Rey
jprey@noos.fr

* Re: French letter style and date
@ 2013-06-21  8:24 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-06-21  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.06.2013 um 20:50 schrieb Jean-Philippe Rey <jprey@noos.fr>:

> Dear all,
>
> I can't manage to get the date on a french letter style. I am using
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2013.04.07 01:04 MKIV beta  fmt: 2013.4.7  int: english/english
>
> I also tried some older versions and with
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2011.05.18 18:04 MKIV  fmt: 2011.7.31  int: english/english
>
> I get a date printed above the destination address. I also get a date with other styles. Did anything change in the letter module between this two versions?
>
> Does anyone know how to get the date with the new version?

I put a new version online which fixes the problem, if you don’t want to wait you can add

  \setupletterlayer[location][alternative=french]

to your document.

Wolfgang