* Problem with word not hyphenating
@ 2020-11-30 15:48 Bruce Horrocks
From: Bruce Horrocks @ 2020-11-30 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The word "re-implementation" refuses to hyphenate and consequently stick outs into the right margin.

I've tried using \hyphenation but it makes no difference.

\showframe
\starttext
\hyphenation{re-im-ple-men-ta-tion}
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
re-implementation
tempor incididunt ut labore et doloremagna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam,
quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
\stoptext

Any suggestions, please?

(LMTX current version: 2020.11.30 10:24)
--
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK

* Re: Problem with word not hyphenating
@ 2020-11-30 16:16 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-11-30 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/30/20 4:48 PM, Bruce Horrocks wrote:
> The word "re-implementation" refuses to hyphenate and consequently
> stick outs into the right margin.
>
> I've tried using \hyphenation but it makes no difference.
> [...]
> Any suggestions, please?

Hi Bruce,

here you have a sample:

  \setuphyphenation[method=traditional]
  \registerhyphenationexception[en][re-im-ple-men-ta-tion]
  \starttext
  \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
  \hyphenatedword{re-implementation}\\
  \hyphenatedword{re||implementation}\\
  \hyphenatedword{re--implementation}\\
  \hyphenatedword{reimplementation}
  \stopTEXpage
  \stoptext

If you comment the first line, only "||" allows hyphenation.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Problem with word not hyphenating
@ 2020-11-30 16:22   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-11-30 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 30.11.2020 um 17:16:
> On 11/30/20 4:48 PM, Bruce Horrocks wrote:
>> The word "re-implementation" refuses to hyphenate and consequently
>> stick outs into the right margin.
>>
>> I've tried using \hyphenation but it makes no difference.
>> [...]
>> Any suggestions, please?
> Hi Bruce,
>
> here you have a sample:
>
>    \setuphyphenation[method=traditional]
>    \registerhyphenationexception[en][re-im-ple-men-ta-tion]
>    \starttext
>    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
>    \hyphenatedword{re-implementation}\\
>    \hyphenatedword{re||implementation}\\
>    \hyphenatedword{re--implementation}\\
>    \hyphenatedword{reimplementation}
>    \stopTEXpage
>    \stoptext
>
> If you comment the first line, only "||" allows hyphenation.

Another option is to add \setbreakpoints[compound] to the document.

Wolfgang