* about character expansion
@ 2018-08-29 20:20 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-08-29 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I would like to introduce character expansion to novice users.

I know that ConTeXt adds values automatically.

But I’m interested in showing extremely stretched and shrinked
characters, as an example of character expansion done wrong.

Sorry for not providing a minimal example, but I don’t have any idea
about how to achieve that.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: about character expansion
@ 2018-08-30  1:27 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2018-08-30  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

See also “8.9 Expansion” in
http://www.pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/fonts-mkiv.pdf

\setupfontexpansion
  [extremehz]
  [stretch=50,shrink=50,step=.5,vector=default,factor=1]

\definefontfeature
  [default]
  [default]
  [expansion=extremehz]

\starttext

\setupalign[hz]
\input{knuth}

\stoptext

@ 2018-08-30 19:27   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-08-30 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 08/30/2018 03:27 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> See also “8.9 Expansion” in
> http://www.pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/fonts-mkiv.pdf
>
> \setupfontexpansion
>   [extremehz]
>   [stretch=50,shrink=50,step=.5,vector=default,factor=1]
>
> \definefontfeature
>   [default]
>   [default]
>   [expansion=extremehz]