* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
       [not found] <mailman.915.1566199312.1208.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2019-09-02  5:33 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2019-09-02  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

Dear Hans,

> 2019. 8. 19. 오후 4:21, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl 작성:
>
> there is an vscode-context.cmd file

Where can I find a vscode-context.cmd file?
I couldn’t locate it using google search.

> this could also work:
>
>> mtxrun --script vscode --start

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-09-02  6:47   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-09-02  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/2/2019 7:33 AM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
>> 2019. 8. 19. 오후 4:21, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl
>> <mailto:ntg-context-request@ntg.nl> 작성:
>>
>> there is an vscode-context.cmd file
>>

> Where can I find a vscode-context.cmd file?
> I couldn’t locate it using google search.

tex/texmf-context/context/data/vscode

@ 2019-09-02 13:24     ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2019-09-02 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

Thank you for a quick reply.

> tex/texmf-context/context/data/vscode

I copied all the file …/vscode/extensions/context to ~/.vscode/extexsions/

When I open vacode, there is “ConTeXt 1.0.0, ConTeXt Syntax Highlignting…” in the extensions tab.
It is installed and enabled.
But I cannot see any syntax coloring and don’t know how to compile a TeX file.

Would you please help me more?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-09-02 13:44       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-09-02 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/2/2019 3:24 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> Thank you for a quick reply.
>

>> tex/texmf-context/context/data/vscode
>>

> I copied all the file …/vscode/extensions/context to ~/.vscode/extexsions/
>
> When I open vacode, there is “ConTeXt 1.0.0, ConTeXt Syntax Highlignting…” in the extensions tab.
> It is installed and enabled.
> But I cannot see any syntax coloring and don’t know how to compile a TeX file.
>
> Would you please help me more?
I think you also need to choose the context color scheme

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-09-02 17:35         ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2019-09-02 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

>> But I cannot see any syntax coloring and don’t know how to compile a TeX file.
>> Would you please help me more?
> I think you also need to choose the context color scheme

Yes, syntax coloring works after choosing the context color scheme.

I find a following task file to compile a file from vscode, but it doesn’t work.

Here is the error message:

/bin/bash: context: command not found
The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127

%%%%%
{
	// See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=733558
	// for the documentation about the tasks.json format
	"version": "2.0.0",
	"tasks": [
		{
			"label": "ConTeXt build",
			"type": "shell",
			// Keep in mind that the file path here has to be changed
			"command": "context myfile.tex",
			"group": {
				"kind": "build",
				"isDefault": true
				// Since we set this task to the default build task, you can
				// run it with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+B by default)
			}
		}
	]
}
%%%%%%%
i am using ConTeXtLMTX installed ~/ConTeXtLMTX/.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-09-02 18:47           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-09-02 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/2/2019 7:35 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
>>> But I cannot see any syntax coloring and don’t know how to compile a
>>> TeX file.
>>> Would you please help me more?
>> I think you also need to choose the context color scheme
>>

> Yes, syntax coloring works after choosing the context color scheme.
>
> I find a following task file to compile a file from vscode, but it
> doesn’t work.
>
> Here is the error message:
>
> /bin/bash: context: command not found
> The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127
>
> %%%%%
> {
> 	// See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=
> <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=>733558
> 	// for the documentation about the tasks.json format
> 	"version": "2.0.0",
> 	"tasks": [
> 	{
> 	"label": "ConTeXt build",
> 	"type": "shell",
> 	// Keep in mind that the file path here has to be changed
> 	"command": "context myfile.tex",
> 	"group": {
> 	"kind": "build",
> 	"isDefault": true
> 	// Since we set this task to the default build task, you can
> 	// run it with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+B by default)
> 	}
> 	}
> 	]
> 	}
>
> %%%%%%%
> i am using ConTeXtLMTX installed ~/ConTeXtLMTX/.
you probably need to set the path before you start the editor

Hans

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-09-02 21:18             ` Julian G
From: Julian G @ 2019-09-02 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 2 September 2019 20:47, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 9/2/2019 7:35 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
>
> > Dear Hans,

> > Yes, syntax coloring works after choosing the context color scheme.
> > I find a following task file to compile a file from vscode, but it
> > doesn’t work.
> > Here is the error message:
> > /bin/bash: context: command not found
> > The terminal process terminated with exit code: 127
> > %%%%%
> > {
> > // See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=733558
> > // for the documentation about the tasks.json format
> > "version": "2.0.0",
> > "tasks": [
> > {
> > "label": "ConTeXt build",
> > "type": "shell",
> > // Keep in mind that the file path here has to be changed
> > "command": "context myfile.tex",
> > "group": {
> > "kind": "build",
> > "isDefault": true
> > // Since we set this task to the default build task, you can
> > // run it with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+B by default)
> > }
> > }
> > ]
> > }
> > %%%%%%%
> > i am using ConTeXtLMTX installed ~/ConTeXtLMTX/.
>
> you probably need to set the path before you start the editor
>
> Hans

> webpage : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
> archive : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
> wiki : http://contextgarden.net

Hello,

I tried searching for that file but didn't find it, there's also no "vscode" script listed when running "mtxrun --script"

I installed using texlive on windows, is the script only shipped on the standalone installation?

If it's possible to create a fully fledged ConTeXt extension for vscode with these files, I would try to create it. I'm not that experienced with javascript, but I think I should be able to get some stuff done. You could also utlize some code from the existing LaTeX workshop extension ( https://github.com/James-Yu/LaTeX-Workshop ), since it features a pdf preview with working synctex.

Best regards,
Julian

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-09-02 23:50               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-09-02 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/2/2019 11:18 PM, Julian G wrote:

> If it's possible to create a fully fledged ConTeXt extension for vscode with these files, I would try to create it. I'm not that experienced with javascript, but I think I should be able to get some stuff done. You could also utlize some code from the existing LaTeX workshop extension ( https://github.com/James-Yu/LaTeX-Workshop ), since it features a pdf preview with working synctex.
that looks horribly complex and over the top (hard to maintain too)

i prefer just calling the tools (mtxrun etc) as they do most of the work
already (running, checking, helpinfo) but what is currently lacking from
vscode is filetype bound runners (last time i checked) ... i just wait
till that support shows up (i might have missed something recent)

the main reason for me to look into vscode is that it is 'the fashion'
and works ok and is able to support the kind of lexing (syntax
highlighting) that i need (which in turn also determines how my files
look and)

Hans

(who actually uses very little features of editors as he can't remember
all these features anyway so i stick to mastering those that help me most)

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-08-28  7:16   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-08-28  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 2019-08-18 um 22:54 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>:
>
> On 8/18/2019 10:14 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have seen ConTeXt comes with an extension for VS Code. How do you use that? I have tried the code in the readme, but this doesn't seem to work.
> there is an vscode-context.cmd file
>
> this could also work:
>
> >mtxrun --script vscode --start
>
> (it's still somewhat experimental and i'm waiting till the editor has better - easier - support for runners associated with suffixes, which currently is kind of one-for-all)

For my ConTeXt editor overview:

Does VScode include a PDF viewer? Does it work with SyncTeX?

Why should one use the mtxrun call?

Does the ConTeXt extension also work with VScodium?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: How to use ConTeXt extensions with VS Code
@ 2019-08-18 20:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-08-18 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2019-08-18 20:14 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2019-08-18 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)