* disabling a header on the first page
@ 2013-04-24 22:10 Lance Larsen
From: Lance Larsen @ 2013-04-24 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I am building a context document with a title page. I want to disable
the header on the title page. This comes before the first \chapter tag.
The documentation indicated that you can disable the header on a page
with the \page command. I tried several different things as the first
command after \starttext, but none of these disabled the header:

\page[header=none]

\page[header]

\page[header=high]

Can anybody tell me how I disable the header on the first page? I would
really appreciate the help.

-Lance Larsen

* Re: disabling a header on the first page
@ 2013-04-25  7:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-25  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.04.2013 um 00:10 schrieb Lance Larsen <lance.c.larsen@gmail.com>:

> I am building a context document with a title page. I want to disable the header on the title page. This comes before the first \chapter tag. The documentation indicated that you can disable the header on a page with the \page command. I tried several different things as the first command after \starttext, but none of these disabled the header:

You can  disable/enable/change the header with the \setupheader command.

One \chapter etc. pages you can use the header key of \setuphead to change the header on the page where the section appear, e.g. \setuphead[chapter][header=empty] doesn’t print the header on the first page of a new chapter.

> \page[header=none]
>
> \page[header]
>
> \page[header=high]
>
> Can anybody tell me how I disable the header on the first page? I would really appreciate the help.

Use the \noheaderandfooterlines command.

\starttext

\noheaderandfooterlines

\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth\par}

\stoptext