* keep text strictly inside box
@ 2021-06-07 20:57 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2021-06-07 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

As can be seen in this screenshot, the text overshoots on the right side the boundary of the fairly narrow \framedtext.
My intent is to not hyphenate the names, even if that means a ragged edge on the right side.
But at the same time the text must absolutely stay within the confines of the framedtext.
I played with \raggedright, \tolerance, \looseness, \emergencystretch but no combination of them seems sufficient fto force all gtext inside.

Is there another solution to force the text inside the box or do I have to insert linebreaks manually (a nuisance to be avoided, of course.)

dr. Hans van der Meer

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 2058 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 22.33.26.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 35263 bytes --]

* Re: keep text strictly inside box
@ 2021-06-07 21:07 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-06-07 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer schrieb am 07.06.2021 um 22:57:
> As can be seen in this screenshot, the text overshoots on the right side
> the boundary of the fairly narrow \framedtext.
> My intent is to not hyphenate the names, even if that means a ragged
> edge on the right side.
> But at the same time the text must absolutely stay within the confines
> of the framedtext.
> I played with \raggedright, \tolerance, \looseness, \emergencystretch
> but no combination of them seems sufficient fto force all gtext inside.
>
> Is there another solution to force the text inside the box or do I have
> to insert linebreaks manually (a nuisance to be avoided, of course.)

Use the align key.

\starttext

\startframedtext[width=10cm,align={flushleft,nothyphenated}]
Martinus, zoon van Johannes van Zonnevelt en Johanna
Teikenbort: getuigen Adrianus van Zonnevelt en Anna
van Oostbroek.
\stopframedtext

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: keep text strictly inside box
@ 2021-06-08  6:42   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2021-06-08  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 7 Jun 2021, at 23:07, Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Use the align key.
>
> \starttext
>
> \startframedtext[width=10cm,align={flushleft,nothyphenated}]

Also, ‘verytolerant’ helps:

> align={flushleft,nothyphenated,verytolerant}]

Best wishes,
Taco

@ 2021-06-08 20:47     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-06-08 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)