* Re: Itemize problem
@ 2007-07-04 15:00 w.neimeijer
From: w.neimeijer @ 2007-07-04 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Should I downgrade to an older Context version, or is
there a fix available  ?

TIA
Wim

> Hamid Kamrani wrote:
>> This happens on live context too. Itemize starts with 0 in some
>> situations. You can create the problem with:

* Re: Itemize problem
@ 2007-07-02 13:23   ` Hamid Kamrani
From: Hamid Kamrani @ 2007-07-02 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

This happens on live context too. Itemize starts with 0 in some
situations. You can create the problem with:

\starttext

\bTABLE
\bTR
\bTD
\startitemize[n]
\item one
\item two
\stopitemize
\eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE

\stoptext

On 7/1/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, w.neimeijer@hccnet.nl wrote:
>
> > To Aditya
> >
> >> It is possible that this change caused your existing setup to break.
> >> Can you create a minimum example that exhibits the problem? Start with
> >> Patrick's example, and start adding lines from your setup, so that the
> >> problem reappears. That may help in figuring out if it is something
> >> wrong in your setup, or a bug.
> >
> > I already provide a minimum example. Patrick just used my example on
> > Context live where it works. On my system with the latest Context it does
> > not.
> >
> > In addition, what could be wrong with my setup ? The setup
> > is all Context and nothing special and the setup
> > I am using, did not give me problems in the past.
> > I will try to debug but I think it must be a bug with the latest Context.
>
> Can you send the log file that you get with
>
> \tracingmacros 2
> \starttext
> \startitemize[n]
> \item one
> \item two
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> Aditya

* Re: Itemize problem
@ 2007-07-01 23:21 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-07-01 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2007-07-01 22:56 w.neimeijer
From: w.neimeijer @ 2007-07-01 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

To Aditya

>It is possible that this change caused your existing setup to break.
>Can you create a minimum example that exhibits the problem? Start with
>Patrick's example, and start adding lines from your setup, so that the
>problem reappears. That may help in figuring out if it is something
>wrong in your setup, or a bug.

I already provide a minimum example. Patrick just used my example on
Context live where it works. On my system with the latest Context it does
not.

In addition, what could be wrong with my setup ? The setup
is all Context and nothing special and the setup
I am using, did not give me problems in the past.
I will try to debug but I think it must be a bug with the latest Context.

Kind regards
Wim

* Re: Itemize problem
@ 2007-07-01 22:06 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-07-01 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, w.neimeijer@hccnet.nl wrote:

> Patrick et al,
>
> I also tried it on live.contextgarden.net and there it works fine.
> But not with my Context.
>
> I have some definitions but they did not change for more than 6 months,
> and comparing my setups with some of my backups, nothing has changed.
> The only change is that I updated Context with ctxtools --update from the
> Scite menu.
>
> I don't know which of my definitions or setups could cause this. I
> am not using \setupitemize. I hope someone can help.

There was some changes in itemize code recently. Hans added
`reverse' option, so that

\startitemize[n,reverse]
  \item one
  \item two
  \item three
\stopitemize

gives
3. one
2. two
1. three

@ 2007-07-01 21:57 w.neimeijer
From: w.neimeijer @ 2007-07-01 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2007-07-01 20:41 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-07-01 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Wim,

> When I use
> \startitemize[n]
> \item One
> \item Two
> \stopitemize
>
> the list starts at 0 (zero) instead of 1 (one)

\starttext
\startitemize[n]
\item One
\item Two
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Are you sure about this? I've just tried the above in
live.contextgarden.net and the result looks fine. Perhaps you have
some other interfering definitions in your source?

Patrick

* Itemize problem
@ 2007-07-01 20:24 w.neimeijer
From: w.neimeijer @ 2007-07-01 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

When I use
\startitemize[n]
\item One
\item Two
\stopitemize

the list starts at 0 (zero) instead of 1 (one)

I am using the standalone Windows version
ConTeXt  ver: 2007.06.26 23:21 MKII  fmt: 2007.7.1  int: english/english

Kind regards
Wim