* \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 11:30 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-04-15 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \replaceword[some][via ][Vía]
    \replaceword[some][calle ][c/ ]
    \replaceword[some][ calle][ Calle]
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=2em]
    This is what I get:

    \setreplacements[some]%
    calle via del viaducto de la calle

    \resetreplacements
    This is what I need:

    c/ Vía del viaducto de la Calle
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

Is there any way to get spaces in the string to be replaced?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 16:02 ` Hans Hagen
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-04-15 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/15/2018 1:30 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \replaceword[some][via ][Vía]
>      \replaceword[some][calle ][c/ ]
>      \replaceword[some][ calle][ Calle]
>      \starttext
>      \startTEXpage[offset=2em]
>      This is what I get:
>
>      \setreplacements[some]%
>      calle via del viaducto de la calle
>
>      \resetreplacements
>      This is what I need:
>
>      c/ Vía del viaducto de la Calle
>      \stopTEXpage
>      \stoptext
>
> Is there any way to get spaces in the string to be replaced?
not with a lot of effort on my end which i'm not willing to invest in
something that is just a hack for bad input ... tex has no spaces so
then we need other magic

anyway, i added a bogus lookup to the font handler that will remove
characters so in a next beta you can do this (some upbeat music in the
background so i could convince myself)

\startluacode
      fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature {
          name    = "crap",
          type    = "chainsubstitution",
          prepend = true,
          lookups = {
              {
                  type = "multiple",
                  data = {
                      ["v"] = { "V", "í", "a" },
                  },
              },
              {
                  type = "multiple",
                  data = {
                      ["c"] = { "c", "/" },
                  },
              },
              {
                  type = "substitution",
                  data = {
                      ["c"] = "C",
                  },
              },
          },
          data = {
              rules = {
                  {
                      comment = "'via' => 'Vía'",
                      current = { { "v" }, { "i" }, { "a" } },
                      after   = { { " " } },
                      lookups = { 1, 0, 0 },
                  },
                  {
                      comment = "'calle ' => 'c/ '",
                      current = { { "c" }, { "a" }, { "l" }, { "l" }, {
"e" } },
                      after   = { { " " } },
                      lookups = { 2, 0, 0, 0, 0 },
                  },
                  {
                      comment = "' calle' => ' Calle'",
                      before  = { { " " } },
                      current = { { "c" } },
                      after   = { { "a" }, { "l" }, { "l" }, { "e" } },
                      lookups = { 3 },
                  },
              },
          },
      }
\stopluacode

\definefontfeature[default][default][crap=yes]

\starttext

\startTEXpage[offset=2em]
     \type{text:} \type{calle via del viaducto de la calle}

     \type{done:} calle via del viaducto via de la calle

     \type{okay:} c/ Vía del viaducto Vía de la Calle
\stopTEXpage

\stoptext

one could make a constructor for this but would hide the weirdness of it
... yet another obscure feature

Hans

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 16:14   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-04-15 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 04/15/2018 06:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Is there any way to get spaces in the string to be replaced?
> not with a lot of effort on my end which i'm not willing to invest in
> something that is just a hack for bad input ... tex has no spaces so
> then we need other magic
>
> anyway, i added a bogus lookup to the font handler that will remove
> characters so in a next beta you can do this (some upbeat music in the
> background so i could convince myself)
> [...]> one could make a constructor for this but would hide the weirdness of it
> ... yet another obscure feature

Many thanks for the fix, Hans.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 16:22   ` Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2018-04-15 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 15 Apr 2018, at 18:02, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> (some upbeat music in the background so i could convince myself)

what music ?

.F

[-- Attachment #1.2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 16:39     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-04-15 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/15/2018 6:14 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 04/15/2018 06:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 4/15/2018 1:30 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Is there any way to get spaces in the string to be replaced?
>> not with a lot of effort on my end which i'm not willing to invest in
>> something that is just a hack for bad input ... tex has no spaces so
>> then we need other magic
>>
>> anyway, i added a bogus lookup to the font handler that will remove
>> characters so in a next beta you can do this (some upbeat music in the
>> background so i could convince myself)
>> [...]> one could make a constructor for this but would hide the weirdness of it
>> ... yet another obscure feature
>
> Many thanks for the fix, Hans.
it's not a fix .. it's an extension to the font extension mechanism

Hans

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 16:42     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-04-15 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/15/2018 6:22 PM, Floris van Manen wrote:

>> On 15 Apr 2018, at 18:02, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> (some upbeat music in the background so i could convince myself)
>
> what music ?

In this case "The Time Capsule" from Endre eNerd (blu ray on my top
floor work space with surround 5.1).
  Hans

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 17:07       ` Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2018-04-15 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 15 Apr 2018, at 18:42, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> In this case "The Time Capsule" from Endre eNerd (blu ray on my top floor work space with surround 5.1).

much like TeX, drummers do know about timing ;-)

@ 2018-04-15 17:14   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2018-04-15 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>  ... yet another obscure feature

It's a proven theorem that, by adding a suitable number of obscure features,
you can transform everything into black magic.

--
luigi

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 17:23         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-04-15 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/15/2018 7:07 PM, Floris van Manen wrote:

>> On 15 Apr 2018, at 18:42, Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> In this case "The Time Capsule" from Endre eNerd (blu ray on my top floor work space with surround 5.1).
>
> much like TeX, drummers do know about timing ;-)
Indeed I love to watch good drummers (a good distraction).

Hans

* Re: \replaceword with spaces
@ 2018-04-15 19:12       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2018-04-15 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 04/15/2018 06:39 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Many thanks for the fix, Hans.
> it's not a fix .. it's an extension to the font extension mechanism

Hans

it was my fault. Of course it is a new implementation. (I was thinking
about the solution my problem.)

Many thanks for the Endre Huszár reference and the code extension,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk