* Can \getmarking take more than one argument?
@ 2015-08-09  0:42 talazem
From: talazem @ 2015-08-09  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I currently use the following to define my even and odd page headers.

—————
\startsetups[header]
  {\doifoddpageelse
  		{\getmarking[section]}
  		{\getmarking[chapter]}
	}
  \doiftextelse
  		{\getmarking[chapter]}
\stopsetups
—————

The problem is that some of my ‘section’s are not sections, but ‘subject’s (because I don’t want that section heading to appear in the TOC). As a result, my header is blank on the ‘subject’ pages.

Is it possible to define getmarking to take either a section or a subject, somehow? Listing them both separated by a coma (\getmarking[section,subject]) produced no result. I also tried:
—————
  {\doifoddpageelse
  		{\getmarking[section]}
 		{\getmarking[subject]}
  		{\getmarking[chapter]}
—————
…but that caused the subject and the chapter to both be printed in the header.

Many thanks for any help.

Talal

* Re: Can \getmarking take more than one argument?
@ 2015-08-09 10:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-08-09 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/9/2015 2:42 AM, talazem@fastmail.fm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently use the following to define my even and odd page headers.
>
> —————
> \startsetups[header]
>    {\doifoddpageelse
>    		{\getmarking[section]}
>    		{\getmarking[chapter]}
> 	}
>    \doiftextelse
>    		{\getmarking[chapter]}
> \stopsetups
> —————
>
> The problem is that some of my ‘section’s are not sections, but ‘subject’s (because I don’t want that section heading to appear in the TOC). As a result, my header is blank on the ‘subject’ pages.
>
> Is it possible to define getmarking to take either a section or a subject, somehow? Listing them both separated by a coma (\getmarking[section,subject]) produced no result. I also tried:
> —————
>    {\doifoddpageelse
>    		{\getmarking[section]}
>   		{\getmarking[subject]}
>    		{\getmarking[chapter]}
> —————
> …but that caused the subject and the chapter to both be printed in the header.
>
> Many thanks for any help.

\setupheadertexts[{\getmarking[section]}]
\definehead[suction][section][number=no]

\starttext
     \placelist[section] \page
     \section{foo} \page
     \suction{bar} \page