* ANNOUNCEMENT: ConTeXt "nodes" module (in core).
@ 2017-10-15 16:49 Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-10-15 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gentle ConTeXt users:

Following the presentation made at the ConTeXt users' meeting in September in Maiburg, Germany, we are pleased to announce the introduction of a new ConTeXt module for the drawing of nodal diagrams. Thanks to the efforts of Hans Hagen, it has been integrated into the core code so there is no need to load a module.

A manual has been written and is now available in the Standalone distribution. It can be found under $CONTEXTROOT/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals/nodes.pdf. Those who know the ConTeXt manuals will recognized Hans' hand in helping to create the cover artwork as well as other stylistic improvements!

Like all of ConTeXt, this is a "beta" release and may undergo further development. It is MetaPost based, but those who might be intimidated a bit by the MetaPost language should not be afraid, for we have tried to make it as simple as possible.

Please take a look at it. We, of course, welcome constructive feedback.

Alan (and Hans)

* Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: ConTeXt "nodes" module (in core).
@ 2017-10-20 19:01 ` Ursula Hermann
From: Ursula Hermann @ 2017-10-20 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.10.2017 18:49, schrieb Alan Braslau:
> Gentle ConTeXt users:
>
> Following the presentation made at the ConTeXt users' meeting in
> September in Maiburg, Germany, we are pleased to announce the
> introduction of a new ConTeXt module for the drawing of nodal
> diagrams. Thanks to the efforts of Hans Hagen, it has been integrated
> into the core code so there is no need to load a module.
>
> A manual has been written and is now available in the Standalone
> distribution. It can be found under
> $CONTEXTROOT/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals/nodes.pdf.
> Those who know the ConTeXt manuals will recognized Hans' hand in
> helping to create the cover artwork as well as other stylistic
> improvements!
>
> Like all of ConTeXt, this is a "beta" release and may undergo further
> development. It is MetaPost based, but those who might be intimidated
> a bit by the MetaPost language should not be afraid, for we have tried
> to make it as simple as possible.
>
> Please take a look at it. We, of course, welcome constructive feedback.
>
> Alan (and Hans)
Hello Everybody!
This is a great module! It helps me with my structured trees for
linguistic! Especially the pages with the trees in the manual.

Thanks a lot

Uschi