* Disabling automatic hyphenation
@ 2008-12-05 18:45 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-12-05 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I wan't to disable in a document TeX's automatic hyphenation
and allow only manuell brackpoints with \- or settings in
\hyphenation.

The only working solution I found was to define new language
in the core and add a file with empty patterns to the core
files, my setting for the language is

\def\s!empty{empty}

\installlanguage
   [\s!empty]
   [\c!default=\s!en,
    \s!patterns=\s!empty,
    \c!state=\v!stop]

I use now the patterns of this language in my document and set
now my own hyphen points with \hyphenation.

Can you add this to your own files or do you have a better
solution for my problem.

Wolfgang

* Re: Disabling automatic hyphenation
@ 2008-12-07 13:44 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2008-12-07 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dnia Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 07:45:39PM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster napisał(a):
> Hi Hans,
>
> I wan't to disable in a document TeX's automatic hyphenation
> and allow only manuell brackpoints with \- or settings in
> \hyphenation.

What about \hyphenpenalty=10000 ?

Greets

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.pl)

Aksjomat wyboru jest w oczywisty sposób prawdziwy.
Twierdzenie Zermelo o dobrym uporządkowaniu jest w oczywisty sposób fałszywe.
A lemat Kuratowskiego-Zorna?  Tak na oko trudno powiedzieć.

* Re: Disabling automatic hyphenation
@ 2008-12-07 14:13   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-12-07 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)