* Strange error message
@ 2012-03-10 21:10 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-03-10 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered the following situation with the betas from last January until today?
I have a document some 100 pages (each page being an \input), which is correctly typeset with ConTeXt version 2011.11.29 mkiv, but gives me the following error with the recent mkiv betas: the message is

<to be read again>
                   }
<inserted text> ...onstructionparameter \c!level }
                                                  \setevalue {\??constructio...
\define_construction ... \everydefineconstruction
                                                  \let \currentconstruction ...
<inserted text> ...r =\v!description ,\c!level =1]
                                                  \else \defineconstruction ...
\define_description ...he \everydefinedescription
                                                  \let \currentdescription \...
<to be read again>
                   \startpacked
…

In order to localize the error I have tried to add little by little my \input files, and everything works when I have about 20 pages…
I am reporting this issue just for debugging reasons, since for the real project I still use the 2011.11.29 version.
Indeed I should apologize since I am not able to submit a minimal example, my project itself being somewhat complex (at least from my perspective… not for a guru!).

Also, I should say that in recent previous betas the error message was different, but I have not anymore those versions to report what the exact message was.

Thanks for any insight: OK

* Re: Strange error message
@ 2012-03-11  8:55 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-11  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.03.2012 um 22:10 schrieb Otared Kavian:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone encountered the following situation with the betas from last January until today?
> I have a document some 100 pages (each page being an \input), which is correctly typeset with ConTeXt version 2011.11.29 mkiv, but gives me the following error with the recent mkiv betas: the message is
>
> <to be read again>
>                   }
> <inserted text> ...onstructionparameter \c!level }
>                                                  \setevalue {\??constructio...
> \define_construction ... \everydefineconstruction
>                                                  \let \currentconstruction ...
> <inserted text> ...r =\v!description ,\c!level =1]
>                                                  \else \defineconstruction ...
> \define_description ...he \everydefinedescription
>                                                  \let \currentdescription \...
> <to be read again>
>                   \startpacked
> …
>
> In order to localize the error I have tried to add little by little my \input files, and everything works when I have about 20 pages…
> I am reporting this issue just for debugging reasons, since for the real project I still use the 2011.11.29 version.
> Indeed I should apologize since I am not able to submit a minimal example, my project itself being somewhat complex (at least from my perspective… not for a guru!).
>
> Also, I should say that in recent previous betas the error message was different, but I have not anymore those versions to report what the exact message was.

Thats’t to less information to tell what’s the problem but I can say it is generated from \definedescription.

Do you use \definedescription somewhere in your document in combination with \startpacked, e.g. \definedescription[before=\startpacked] or \defindescription[packed] etc.

Wolfgang

* Re: Strange error message
@ 2012-03-11 13:30   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-03-11 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks for your attention: indeed in my files I have \definedescription, and I thank you for pointing to this, despite the fact that the informations I gave was by far too partial and little.
But what is puzzling me is that ConTeXt version 2011.11.29 does not complain with the way I use \definedescription: probably this means that something has changed in the way one should use them in the new versions.
I'll try to isolate the problem and I will report again later.

Have a nice day, best regards: OK

On 11 mars 2012, at 09:55, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 10.03.2012 um 22:10 schrieb Otared Kavian:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone encountered the following situation with the betas from last January until today?
>> I have a document some 100 pages (each page being an \input), which is correctly typeset with ConTeXt version 2011.11.29 mkiv, but gives me the following error with the recent mkiv betas: the message is
>>
>> <to be read again>
>>                  }
>> <inserted text> ...onstructionparameter \c!level }
>>                                                 \setevalue {\??constructio...
>> \define_construction ... \everydefineconstruction
>>                                                 \let \currentconstruction ...
>> <inserted text> ...r =\v!description ,\c!level =1]
>>                                                 \else \defineconstruction ...
>> \define_description ...he \everydefinedescription
>>                                                 \let \currentdescription \...
>> <to be read again>
>>                  \startpacked
>> …
>>
>> In order to localize the error I have tried to add little by little my \input files, and everything works when I have about 20 pages…
>> I am reporting this issue just for debugging reasons, since for the real project I still use the 2011.11.29 version.
>> Indeed I should apologize since I am not able to submit a minimal example, my project itself being somewhat complex (at least from my perspective… not for a guru!).
>>
>> Also, I should say that in recent previous betas the error message was different, but I have not anymore those versions to report what the exact message was.
>
> Thats’t to less information to tell what’s the problem but I can say it is generated from \definedescription.
>
> Do you use \definedescription somewhere in your document in combination with \startpacked, e.g. \definedescription[before=\startpacked] or \defindescription[packed] etc.
>
> Wolfgang

* Strange error message..
@ 2000-10-17 18:36 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2000-10-17 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Yesterday I loaded the latest beta-version on my LINUX system. I updated
LS-R and generated without any problem the *.efmt files.
When try now to compile a *.tex file I get the following error:

ConTeXt  ver: 2000.1.3  fmt: 2000.1.8  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
system         : cont-new loaded
(/usr/TeX/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \everybackgroundbox

\dododoappendtoks ...htoken {\noexpand #2={\the #2
                                                  \the
\scratchtoks }}\scrat...
l.49 ...\checkMPbackground \to \everybackgroundbox

?x

Strange enough this does not happen when running the same version on a
Windows-system (which does not mean that I am changing my mind about Bill).

Kind regards Willi