* Numbering in Table of Content
@ 2010-08-11 23:51 Riobard
From: Riobard @ 2010-08-11 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to create a Table of Content like the one shown in the attached image? Basically I need a few unnumbered entries at the top of the table (like abstract, acknowledgements, etc) with romannumeral-numbered page number, followed by numbered chapters with digits-numbered page number as normal. Thanks!

Rio

[-- Attachment #2: toc.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 26966 bytes --]

* Re: Numbering in Table of Content
@ 2010-08-12  1:08 ` Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2010-08-12  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Basically I need a few
> unnumbered entries at the top of the table (like abstract,
> acknowledgements, etc)

Rio,

I handle this through using the unnumbered sectioning (\title, \subject..) and then a

\definecombinedlist [content][title,chapter]

Essentially you add "title" to the already predefined list or combindedlist "content". Read contextref for details. This then generates a TOC with \completecontent which includes the unnumbered sections/headers.

Regarding the numbering, you might gleen that from the sample document here:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Biochemistry_textbook

It all kind of goes like this:

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
\completecontent
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=]
\setuppagenumber[number=1]
\title {Introduction}
\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}
\chapter{Some Stuff}
\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}
\stopbodymatter
\stoptext

best, Martin

* Re: Numbering in Table of Content
@ 2010-08-12  6:41   ` Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2010-08-12  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

You could also use the \chapter command but in the front matter as it
has no number there (and do not increment the counter either).

Best regards.

-- Cédric

@ 2010-08-12 23:53   ` Riobard
From: Riobard @ 2010-08-12 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Martin,

I tried this

-------
\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]

\title{Title}
\subject{Abstract}
\subject{Acknowledgements}
\definecombinedlist [content][title,subject,chapter]
\completecontent

\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=]
\setuppagenumber[number=1]
\title {Introduction}
\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}
\chapter{Some Stuff}
\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par}
\stopbodymatter
\stoptext
------------

and it doesn't work. The title and subject parts never get into the generated TOC. Any idea why? Thanks very much!

Rio

@ 2010-08-20 20:43 ` Riobard
From: Riobard @ 2010-08-20 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Weird, it works for me now and I didn't recall updating at all!! :|

Now I have to figure out how to make it generate only one TOC with
mixed page numbering...

Thanks very much for your help! :)

Rio

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Martin Althoff

@ 2010-08-15 10:52 Martin Althoff
From: Martin Althoff @ 2010-08-15 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)