* serial letters with letter module
@ 2011-02-10  9:14 R. Ermers, Midden Oosten Perspectief
From: R. Ermers, Midden Oosten Perspectief @ 2011-02-10  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

I have been using Hans' old correspondence module with an xml - rng database as documented for a number of years.

I now want to switch to Wolfgang's letter module, but do not know how to connect it to the xml database. For example, commands like:

\XMLprocesscontacts[./../../adressen-xml/adressen.xml]

\setvariables
[letter:data]
[address=\XMLflush{address},
prefix=\XMLflush{prefix}
]

do not work anymore.

Could anyone (Wolfgang?) help me out in this ? I have installed both mkiv and mkii.

Thanks on beforehand,

Robert

* Re: serial letters with letter module
@ 2011-02-10 19:16 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-10 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.02.2011 um 10:14 schrieb R. Ermers, Midden Oosten Perspectief:

> Dear All,
>
> I have been using Hans' old correspondence module with an xml - rng database as documented for a number of years.
>
> I now want to switch to Wolfgang's letter module, but do not know how to connect it to the xml database. For example, commands like:
>
> \XMLprocesscontacts[./../../adressen-xml/adressen.xml]
>
> \setvariables
> [letter:data]
> [address=\XMLflush{address},
> prefix=\XMLflush{prefix}
> ]
>
> do not work anymore.
>
> Could anyone (Wolfgang?) help me out in this ? I have installed both mkiv and mkii.

This works with MkII (pragma.xml contains the data from the manual):

\usemodule[letter][extension=corres]

\setvariables
  [contacts]
  [selection=pragma-pod,
   file=pragma.xml]

\startlettercontent
\input knuth
\stoplettercontent

\starttext
\XMLprocesscontacts[pragma.xml]
\stoptext

As Hans correspondence module is only available for MkII you can’t use MkIV for your serial letters.

Wolfgang