* 2SIDE-arranging + doublesided
@ 2010-10-21 16:05 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-10-21 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

please have a look at my example.

\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuplayout[location=middle]
\setuparranging[2SIDE]
\defineoverlay[right][{\scale[width=\textwidth]{right page}}]
\defineoverlay[left] [{\scale[width=\textwidth]{left  page}}]
\setupbackgrounds[rightpage][background=right]
\setupbackgrounds[leftpage] [background=left]

\starttext \showframe[text]
\dorecurse{5}{test\page}
\stoptext

Is there a way to push the right pages on the right and the left on the left? I tried to add a blank page at the beginning but then also a second page is added and the problem remains.

I appreciate any help

	Andreas

* Re: 2SIDE-arranging + doublesided
@ 2010-10-27 21:09 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-10-27 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Andreas,

[2SIDE] is an impositioning scheme for singlesided printing only. You can not make a booklet from this. This scheme is intended for e.g. handouts from a screenpresentation. The same applies for [2TOP]

If you want to prepare a booklet you might use [2UP] or [2DOWN]. These two schemes are for double sided printing.

When playing with impositioning it is a good idea to add pagenumbers, so you can see what happens.

e.g.
\starttext
\strut\page
\dorecurse{5}{test~\pagenumber\page}
\stoptext

Willi

@ 2010-10-27 21:59   ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-10-27 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

thanks for your reply. But I had no booklet in mind. I prepared a proceeding which will be published (DIN A5 format). In addition I would like to provide a print version with two A5-sites on a A4 site. So [2SIDE] suits my needs pretty well, except the problem with lefft/right. I thought there might be a trick …

Regards
	Andreas