* Strange nieuw directory after updating with first-setup.sh
@ 2010-06-10 16:32 Willi Egger
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-06-10 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi,

I just updated the minimals and I see a strange directory:

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.1-2010042810
Current version: 2010.06.10 15:24

.../lua60.1 is the texroot.

../lua60.1/tex/lua60.1
                         ^^^^^^^

This subdirectory contains:
../lua60.1/tex/lua60.1/web2c
../lua60.1/tex/lua60.1/web2c/luatex
../lua60.1/tex/lua60.1/web2c/luatex/pdftex
../lua60.1/tex/lua60.1/web2c/luatex/xetex
../lua60.1/tex/lua60.1/web2c/luatex/metafun.mem

This does not sound quite healthy?

Further I am struggling with the fact, that Context does not find private fonts when they are in texmf-fonts/data/vendor/font. Only if I place them into  texmf-local/fonts/afm/vendor/font, texmf-local/fonts/opentype/vendor/font etc they show up in the pdf.
The strange thing is, that if the fonts are in texmf-fonts/data/vendor/font they are cached correctly and "mtxrun --locate Seravek-Regular.otf" reports the correct path to the font.

Puzzled.

Willi

* Re: Strange nieuw directory after updating with first-setup.sh
@ 2010-06-10 16:43 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-06-10 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated the minimals and I see a strange directory:

You should update first-setup.sh itself as well, that will probably
fix this.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Strange nieuw directory after updating with first-setup.sh
@ 2010-06-10 17:33   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-06-10 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Willi Egger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just updated the minimals and I see a strange directory:
>
> You should update first-setup.sh itself as well, that will probably
> fix this.
True. Quick recipe for a linux box 32 bit; current dir. is
/opt/luatex/minimals-beta
$> rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
$> bash first-setup.sh
$> cd tex
$> . setuptex
$> luatools --generate; context --make --all
$> mktexlsr;  texmfstart texexec --make all

--
luigi

* Re: Strange nieuw directory after updating with first-setup.sh
@ 2010-06-10 18:25 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-06-10 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for replying to my own mail. The struggling with the font loading is solved. Thanks Hans for the mail concerning "error in first-setup.sh" I missed that the texmf-fonts should be TDS compliant.
KR

Willi

@ 2010-06-10 18:42     ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-06-10 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Luigi, Taco

thanks for your recipe. However that does not solve the problem. I fetched the first-setup.sh from the garden. After running it I still get this strange lua60.1 directory and the subdirectories.

Strange indeed.

Willi

@ 2010-06-10 19:14       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-06-10 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:
> Hi Luigi, Taco
>
> thanks for your recipe. However that does not solve the problem. I fetched the first-setup.sh from the garden. After running it I still get this strange lua60.1 directory and the subdirectories.
What OS ? Windows or Mac ?
--
luigi

* Re: Strange nieuw directory after updating with first-setup.sh
@ 2010-06-10 19:35 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-06-10 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 18:32, Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated the minimals and I see a strange directory:
>

> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.1-2010042810
> Current version: 2010.06.10 15:24
>
> .../lua60.1 is the texroot.
>
> ../lua60.1/tex/lua60.1
>                         ^^^^^^^

How can I reproduce that?

Mojca

* Re: Strange nieuw directory after updating with first-setup.sh
@ 2010-06-11 18:49   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-06-11 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just only can tell, that it happens. Yesterday I updated twice, the second time after removing the suspicious part of the tree. But after the second update it was there again.  I will update again today...tonight.

Willi

@ 2010-06-11 19:11   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-06-11 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

After the update of this evening the suspicious directory did not appear again. -- So this is solved.
However I can not generate the formats, nor did the first-setup.sh produce formats.

It looks like there is something fundamentally changed: All exports of environment variables are commented in setuptex. - Also with uncommenting TEXMFCONTEXT,  reopening the terminal and running setuptex will not result in the generation of the formats with context --make --all:

MTXrun | format path: /Applications/lua60.1/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/b71615c5b9a2778e9dcc7d2eff3a04e6/formats
MTXrun | no tex source file with name: cont-en.tex

I am running this with MacOSX 10.6.3.

Kind regards