* mathmatrix and grid: followup
@ 2016-11-22 13:18 Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-11-22 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

some time ago I asked about the interplay of mathmatix with grid typesetting: https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2016/087018.html

I noticed that when the grid is enabled, the height of a mathmatrix is rounded down which leaves less space above than below.  In my opinion either the height should be rounded up or the depth rounded down here.  In the original thread Wolfgang proposed using \setupformula[grid=tolerant] and adding a blank line before the formula (otherwise grid=tolerant is applied to the paragraph before).  This workaround leads to the depth being rounded down in the example below which produces a more balanced output.  Could this somehow be made the default behaviour or something?  Currently it requires the user to notice that vertical spacing is off and correct it manually, including adding a blank line before the formula to prevent grid=tolerant being applied to the paragraph.

Cheers, Henri

---

\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\showgrid

\starttext

\input knuth
\startformula
  \vrule % make lineheight and depth visible
  \startmathmatrix
    \NC A \NR
    \NC B \NR
    \NC C \NR
  \stopmathmatrix
\stopformula
\input tufte

\stoptext

* Re: mathmatrix and grid: followup
@ 2016-11-27 18:45 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-11-27 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bump

@ 2016-12-10  9:37   ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-12-10  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bump

@ 2017-01-06  9:33     ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2017-01-06  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bump and (belated) Happy New Year!

@ 2017-01-24 10:57       ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2017-01-24 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bump

@ 2017-04-01 21:12         ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2017-04-01 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I haven’t bumped this in a long time...

@ 2017-06-01  7:33           ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2017-06-01  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

This seems to be quite unimportant to anyone but me.  Bump!

@ 2017-06-01  7:39             ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2017-06-01  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just realised that this is fixed in beta.  Thanks!