* Set layout for the first page of Chapters
@ 2013-05-09 11:45 Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-05-09 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

when designing some documents, I hope I can set a global layout and
another layout for the first page of all chapters. I have defined two
layouts as follows:

\setuppagenumbering
[alternative=doublesided,
 location=]

% global layout for the whole document
\setuplayout
[backspace=2.5cm,
 width=16.5cm,
 topspace=2cm,
 height=25.2cm,
 header=\lineheight,
 headerdistance=\lineheight,
 footer=0cm]

% layout for the first page of Chapters
\definelayout
[firstpage]
[height=26.2cm,
 footerdistance=\lineheight,
 footer=\lineheight]

\starttext
\chapter{First Chapter}
I am in the first page.
\page
I am in the second page.
\stoptext

my question is that how I can apply this `firstpage' layout
to the first page of the chapter `First Chapter' and switch back to
the global layout after the first page of this chapter?

Best Regards,Tim

* Re: Set layout for the first page of Chapters
@ 2013-05-09 17:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-09 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.05.2013 um 13:45 schrieb Tim Li <timli2013@outlook.com>:

> Hi,
>
> when designing some documents, I hope I can set a global layout and another layout for the first page of all chapters. I have defined two layouts as follows:

What’t the purpose of the different layout for the chapter pages, the only difference between normal and chapter pages is that you have a footer for chapters while normal pages don’t have them. When you want only a different footer for chapters this can be done with a different method.

Wolfgang

* Re: Set layout for the first page of Chapters
@ 2013-05-10  1:42   ` Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-05-10  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Wolfgang,

I am reading a book desinged by Springer-Verlag, whose size if 152mm X 226mm. Its backspace is 25mm, width 107mm, topspace 20mm, height 181 mm, this is the global layout. And the page number lies in the header, but no footers.

The chapter page in this book has a different layout, whose footer in not empty and the page number of the chapter page is in the footer. the height is 191mm, footer \lineheight(=\baselineskip?), footerdistance \lineheight. Other keys are the same with the global layout.

If I want to achieve the layouts like this book, do I need the two layouts in my codes? In my view, I need them, but I don't know if there is a better method.

Tim

From: schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 19:32:36 +0200
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl