* Re: \startchapter[title=Test] is not working inside \startcomponent
       [not found] <mailman.358.1346748369.14247.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-09-04  9:05 ` Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2012-09-04  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Marco,

Aha, I missed to put the name of the component.
With the component name, it works fine.
I am sorry for the noise.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: Include chapter number in figure numbering
       [not found] <mailman.358.1346748369.14247.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-09-04 12:11 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2012-09-04 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4 Sep 2012, at 10:46 ,  08:55:10 +0200  Marco Patzer <homerow@lavabit.com>  wrot

> Hi Sietse,
>
>>> how do I include the chapter number in the figure numbering?
>>
>> Untested:
>> \setupcaptions[prefixsegment=chapter]
>
> This works with beta 2011-11-29, but unfortunately not in a current
> one. Does it work for you?

Hi,
This works (for me) in mkiv of 25-08-2012:

\setupcaption[figure][number=yes,way=bychapter,prefix=yes,prefixsegments=chapter]

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

* Re: Include chapter number in figure numbering
@ 2012-09-04 11:59         ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2012-09-04 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-09-04 "Rogers, Michael K" <mroge02@emory.edu> wrote:

Hi Rogers,

> I think the key name is plural, and you need to turn on prefixes.
>
> \setupcaptions[prefix=yes,prefixsegments=chapter]

Thanks, that works. I updated the wiki.

Marco

* Re: Include chapter number in figure numbering
@ 2012-09-04 11:23       ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2012-09-04 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:00 AM, Sietse Brouwer wrote:

>>> Untested:
>>> \setupcaptions[prefixsegment=chapter]
>
>> This works with beta 2011-11-29, but unfortunately not in a current
>> one. Does it work for you?
>
> You're right: it doesn't work for me, either. A bug, then, or possibly
> an unannounced interface change.
> --Sietse

I think the key name is plural, and you need to turn on prefixes.  Try

\setupcaptions[prefix=yes,prefixsegments=chapter]
\starttext
\chapter{One}
\section{Cow}
\placefigure{Caption}{\externalfigure[cow][width=2cm]}
Text.
\section{Cow revisited}
\placefigure{Caption}{\externalfigure[cow][width=2cm]}
Text.
\chapter{Two}
\placefigure{Caption}{\externalfigure[cow][width=2cm]}
Text.
\stoptext

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: Include chapter number in figure numbering
@ 2012-09-04  8:00     ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-09-04  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2012-09-04  6:55   ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2012-09-04  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Sietse,

@ 2012-09-03 23:01 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-09-03 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marco Patzer wrote:
> how do I include the chapter number in the figure numbering?

Untested:
\setupcaptions[prefixsegment=chapter]
or
\setupcaption[figure][prefixsegment=chapter]
should both work. (The former should affect table captions, too.)

Slightly more at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupcaptions
Which is not the first place one would look, admittedly, although it's
logical once you realize it. This requires some crosslinks from some
pages describing \placefigure-related things, I think.

Cheers,
Sietse

@ 2012-09-03 20:14 Marco Patzer