* Metapost and MPlib
@ 2009-11-02 21:45 batela
From: batela @ 2009-11-02 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Sirs

I would like to include some macros from
http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/poulecl/macros in my luatex documents.
Every time i try to include a new example (from papier.mp, par example)
i found this old error message:;  texnum.mp Unable to make mpx file.

init_numbers(btex $-$ etex,  btex$$etex, btex ${\times}$10etex

in the google i found a old solution for this kind of error, but for
LaTeX not for mplib or LuaTeX.

Is there a fresh solution for that?

Syracuse provide to us a nice solutions for writing  maths and physics
with metapost.

Thanks a lot.

Jorge

* Re: Metapost and MPlib
@ 2009-11-03  8:43 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-03  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

batela wrote:
> Dear Sirs
>
> I would like to include some macros from
> http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/poulecl/macros in my luatex documents.
> Every time i try to include a new example (from papier.mp, par example)
> i found this old error message:;  texnum.mp Unable to make mpx file.
>
> init_numbers(btex $-$ etex,  btex$$etex, btex ${\times}$10etex

The mplib core (and luatex, by extension) does not have support
for btex ... etex constructs, but I think there is special code
in context mkiv to handle such cases?

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Metapost and MPlib
@ 2009-11-03 18:14   ` batela
From: batela @ 2009-11-03 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em 03/11/2009, às 8:43, Taco Hoekwater escreveu:

> batela wrote:
>> Dear Sirs
>>
>> I would like to include some macros from
>> http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/poulecl/macros in my luatex documents.
>> Every time i try to include a new example (from papier.mp, par
>> example)
>> i found this old error message:;  texnum.mp Unable to make mpx file.
>>
>> init_numbers(btex $-$ etex,  btex$$etex, btex ${\times}$10etex
>
> The mplib core (and luatex, by extension) does not have support
> for btex ... etex constructs, but I think there is special code
> in context mkiv to handle such cases?

thanks, but i'm afraid that I'm not able to find the solution. Perhaps
some day anybody will be able to play with syrasuse macros in luatex
documents.

* Re: Metapost and MPlib
@ 2009-11-03 18:24     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-03 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

batela wrote:

> Em 03/11/2009, às 8:43, Taco Hoekwater escreveu:
>

>> batela wrote:
>>> Dear Sirs
>>>
>>> I would like to include some macros from
>>> http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/poulecl/macros in my luatex documents.
>>> Every time i try to include a new example (from papier.mp, par example)
>>> i found this old error message:;  texnum.mp Unable to make mpx file.
>>>
>>> init_numbers(btex $-$ etex,  btex$$etex, btex ${\times}$10etex
>>
>> The mplib core (and luatex, by extension) does not have support
>> for btex ... etex constructs, but I think there is special code
>> in context mkiv to handle such cases?
>

> thanks, but i'm afraid that I'm not able to find the solution. Perhaps
> some day anybody will be able to play with syrasuse macros in luatex
> documents.

as the whole site is a mix of french and latex and i'm not fluent in
either of them ... can you give a small example?

what happens if you don't load the mpnum package (or whatever it's called)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Metapost and MPlib
@ 2009-11-03 19:08       ` batela
From: batela @ 2009-11-03 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em 03/11/2009, às 6:24, Hans Hagen escreveu:

> batela wrote:

>>> The mplib core (and luatex, by extension) does not have support
>>> for btex ... etex constructs, but I think there is special code
>>> in context mkiv to handle such cases?
>> thanks, but i'm afraid that I'm not able to find the solution.
>> Perhaps some day anybody will be able to play with syrasuse macros in
>> luatex documents.
>
> as the whole site is a mix of french and latex and i'm not fluent in
> either of them ... can you give a small example?
>
> what happens if you don't load the mpnum package (or whatever it's
> called)

In the file papiers2.mp I have  deactivated  input format  (changed to
%input format)

In the modules donymodule.mp and geometriesyr16.mp I changed all the
btex   something etex constructs to " something ".

In the modules papiers2.mp and donymodule.mp I have deactivated the
init_numbers function (init_numbers changed to %init_numbers )

Now all seems to work.

thanks

Jorge

* Re: Metapost and MPlib
@ 2009-11-04 16:28         ` batela
From: batela @ 2009-11-04 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another incompatibility between metapost and mkiv.

I try to run this code but i found  a error with some garbage.

Please try to run the file in attach. The error coming from the
curvelabel function.

[-- Attachment #2: teste2.tex --]

* Re: Metapost and MPlib
@ 2009-11-04 16:39           ` Aditya Mahajan