On 07/01/2017 04:33 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote: > On 06/30/2017 09:33 AM, Henri Menke wrote: >> Dear list, >> >> motivated by a question on TeX.SX I wanted to typeset multicolumn text with multicolumn footnotes. >> However, on the first page the distance between the columns and the footnote area is way too large. >> Occurs in TL2017 and latest beta. >> >> Also, is there something to influence the alignment inside the footnotes more aggressively. There >> are a couple of bad boxes. Is it possible to turn of balancing for the footnote columns? >> [...] >> \setupnotation >> [footnote] >> [alternative=hanging, >> align={raggedright,verytolerant}] > > Hi Henri, > > add width=broad to this. That seems to make the alignment a little more relaxed (still not so nice in my opinion). At the same time the text now crashes into the footnotes on the second page (see attached). I also noticed that footnote 5 is displayed on the first page but the anchor is on the second page. > But in that case \setupnotes[spacebefore=3em] doesn’t work. > > Just in case it helps, > > Pablo >