Dear Hans, >> Is there any simpler way to achieve this? > > how is that supposed to work with multi-line items ? > I am sorry, I should explain more carefully. This type of itemization usually needed to list the short answers of the multiple-choice questions. Some problems are not well-composed, but you can see an example at the end of the following page. http://dugod1.tistory.com/archive/20120826 http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeView.do?blogid=0dl2J&articleno=153 Thank you. Best regards, Dalyoung